what is this thing? | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

PeriwinkleGuy

Reaction score
So, i'm no car guy and I seem to have messed something up under the hood. I'm not sure what this part is, so I was hoping you guys could identify it, and tell me how bad this really is.

The threads on the bracket are messed up, so the bolt won't go through. Instead, i used a wire hanger to tie it on.

<

Join the Elite Explorers $20 Gets rid of the ads!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

IZwack

Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Germantown, MD
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 Ford Explorer
El cruise control modulator/actuator -- should have a cable running to the throttle body

<

CDW6212R

Hauls the mail.
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Knoxville, TN
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 Limited AWD
Yes, CC, is the bolt you mentioned the mounting bolt that goes straight down? If so then it's no big deal, just a rattling issue.

<

PeriwinkleGuy

Reaction score
Yeah, the bolt is the one that connects the piece to the body of the car. Phew, I'm glad it wasn't anything too serious. Thanks for the info guys.

<

CDW6212R

Hauls the mail.
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Knoxville, TN
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 Limited AWD
That's good, and also interesting because that is a large bolt, and can take a lot of torque.

<