What is your purpose for being a member of this forum? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

What is your purpose for being a member of this forum?

What is your purpose for being a member of this fourm?

• Ford Explorer Enthusiast

Votes: 46 54.1%
  • Ford Explorer Owner looking to solve various issues/questions

Votes: 49 57.6%
  • Dissatisfied Ford Explorer Owner

Votes: 3 3.5%
  • Prospective Ford Explorer Owner

Votes: 9 10.6%
  • Ford Employee, Dealer or Parts Reseller

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Selling a Ford Explorer

• Joined to support the Forum through a paid membership

• Total voters

Bryceb

Reaction score
City, State
Acworth, GA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Explorer Limited AWD
As a member here for a few months and a various automotive forum member since early/mid 90s, I'm curious as to why people are members of this forum. Most of the forums I've been embers of are enthusiast type forums, but this one seems different. So, please fill out the survey and comment if you'd like. Keep it civil please.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Let me know if other options need to be added to the pole

Enthusiast here, I like seeing what others are doing to make their rides unique and better. And some troubleshooting as well

Enthusiast here, I like seeing what others are doing to make their rides unique and better. And some troubleshooting as well

Same for me. It just seems that the 2011+/5th gen section isn't much of a enthusiast site and more troubleshooting and satisfaction issues. Maybe there's not much aftermarket yet/ever. Maybe I'm off-base on my feeling. We'll see what the poll says.

I use forums for information on problem solving w/ vehicle issues and general information on the subject vehicle.

..I became a Member of this Forum because it has the most precise information on "How To" do my own repairs and resolve symptoms on anything that ever arises on my vehicles..

...This Forum has done all this and more while being Family Friendly without the childish bantering found on other sites...This is what made me stay a Member here...

...Since becoming a Member here, It has allowed me to meet fellow like minded Members and Enthusiast, Automotive Industry Representatives, Government Officials, and Offroad Enthusiast from all over the Country and the World...:salute:

What is your purpose for being a member of this forum?

..:scratch:..I guess my "purpose" for being a Member here would be to take in all the information I can find to repair and upgrade my vehicles, to share this information with others who are searching for this help, and to crawl out of my shell and socialize a little bit with like minded fellow Members...:biggthump

I'm starting here as an Enthusiast, love looking at Modded vehicles especially when its of the one I own or similar. I figure later down the road I'll be using it for any repairs if any occur *Knocks on Wood*

I checked in prior to purchasing. Now I just hang around and read what people are praising/complaining about. Its a good resource as long as you realize that people are far more likely to come to the internet to piss and moan than they are to praise.

So far it has been mixed for me. Well... a bit more on the negative side since I've had a lot of issues with it but this forum has helped me resolve so many of the issues that I needed to get addressed. Cory has been a great help to everyone and being on this forum really showed how Ford is willing to take it a step further to connect to everyone and help them out with issues.

It's hard to be an enthusiast if your car is always screwing up but I'd like to say almost all my issues have been eliminated except for the tranny bump and everything is running well. Engine has never seemed to have any problems so far. It took two years of lots of rentals and warranty work to get it done but it got fixed. Ford did do their job by honoring the warranty and then some.

Now if they gave us AppLink, I think our conversations would be more enthusiastic, who doesn't like apps?

The core of this website is usually people offroading with their Explorers but there isn't much of that because the 5th gen is capable but not as capable as the older generations. What people would love to talk about is the technology and hopefully it will be reliable and working. :)

I have high hopes for the Explorer and I hope the hopes don't get tarnished by another problem.

internet smack talking and killing time. I didn't see that option :)

Enthusiast owner. Came here late 2011 looking for comments & reviews by members on how they liked their ride. After trying to sit in 20+ suv & sedans, I felt the Ex gave me the best room for legs, shoulders, head, & hip space, which were all imporant for me at 6'4".

Got lots of good info. from members on ordering, pricing, option packages & traking build during the order process.

So far at 14,400 miles since last May 31, I just check in every few days to read new posts to keep up to date on latest news on any issues or MFT updates.

Glad there are some active members who help everyone with their problems. a little :salute: to their efforts.

Back