What my salesman said about MFT

njafish

Reaction score
City, State
Cooper City, FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
2012 Explorer Ltd 302a
Could this be true?

I was told by the sales manager that my salesman is considered the Dealers guru on MFT.....speacial training etc. etc. So I brought up my concerns regarding MFT and he told me that the contract between Microsoft and Ford expires in January. That the MFT system was never meant to do what it is doing. Explained that Ford is taking MFT entirely in house and has developed a completely new operating system. That sometime shortly after January I would be recieving via US mail an uplaod via USB (I think he said flash drive) that will be an entirely new MFT system, new look, and funtions.

So was he blowing smoke up my tail pipe? could this have to do with the beta testing i've briefly read about? or a complete crock of dookie?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Could this be true?

I was told by the sales manager that my salesman is considered the Dealers guru on MFT.....speacial training etc. etc. So I brought up my concerns regarding MFT and he told me that the contract between Microsoft and Ford expires in January. That the MFT system was never meant to do what it is doing. Explained that Ford is taking MFT entirely in house and has developed a completely new operating system. That sometime shortly after January I would be recieving via US mail an uplaod via USB (I think he said flash drive) that will be an entirely new MFT system, new look, and funtions.

So was he blowing smoke up my tail pipe? could this have to do with the beta testing i've briefly read about? or a complete crock of dookie?
Can't say for sure but it seems to me that I recall someone else recently saying in a post that they were told a USB stick would be sent to them in the mail.

MFT rewrite rumors are almost as bad as iPhone 5 rumors! When I pick mine up I'll ask.

Could this be true?

Microsoft didn't write "MFT" to begin with.. so a contract between MS and Ford would have nothing to do w/ a rewrite. It's very possible that a new version of MFT written on top of the newer version of Windows Automotive 7 may be in the works, but it's highly unlikely that your salesman would be privy to such details. What you have heard is nothing more than a rumor, one that has been passed around here as well. This is not to say that it may not come true, but some facts in the story just don't make any sense.

Could this be true?

While Ford may be taking some of the middleware, API or UI development in-house, there is no way they are dumping MS as the operating system.

However it is possible what he intended to say (and didn't understand) was that they were moving off Flash to Sivlerlight, which is a major system change. I'm glad they are doing something.

While Ford may be taking some of the middleware, API or UI development in-house, there is no way they are dumping MS as the operating system.

However it is possible what he intended to say (and didn't understand) was that they were moving off Flash to Sivlerlight, which is a major system change. I'm glad they are doing something.

Going to DOS would be better then Flash.

The entire web is bogged down by flash. It somehow defies moore's law of innovation.

Regardless of the veracity, I can use it to further my belief that things will get better.

I thought the update was going to be an iOS-MFT??

I thought the update was going to be an iOS-MFT??

It's going to be a joint effort combining the best of iOS, WebOS, and Android, rewritten in assembly language for speed. I heard December release date was assured.

I hope Microsoft folds one day. They have put out crappy software for years and I have no idea why people put up with it. It is definitely not Ford that is writing this software, it exhibits all the traits of MS.

I hope Microsoft folds one day. They have put out crappy software for years and I have no idea why people put up with it. It is definitely not Ford that is writing this software, it exhibits all the traits of MS.

Not trying to defend MS, but I think the target of your wrath is more likely Adobe, in this instance.

It's going to be a joint effort combining the best of iOS, WebOS, and Android, rewritten in assembly language for speed. I heard December release date was assured.

I'd bet extra Extra EXTRA big money it isn't ;)

Microsoft didn't write "MFT" to begin with.. so a contract between MS and Ford would have nothing to do w/ a rewrite. It's very possible that a new version of MFT written on top of the newer version of Windows Automotive 7 may be in the works, but it's highly unlikely that your salesman would be privy to such details. What you have heard is nothing more than a rumor, one that has been passed around here as well. This is not to say that it may not come true, but some facts in the story just don't make any sense.

I was told the same by my salesguy on Wed. He had learned it that morning at a sales meeting. He also asked his mgr about it in front me and the mgr confirmed it.

Due to the significant displeasure/distrust of the system by so many, I find it very plausible sales staff would be notified. This is because the sales staff would have a selling point for people like me who grill the staff thoroughly about such stuff. Without this info, they would lose even more sales. Do I know it's true? Absolutely not. Do I believe it is highly likely based on their need to keep/gain customers? Absolutely.

i was told by a CSM that Cory had get in touch with me that the re-write was being handled by ford internally, apple, and microsoft. She also said that the engineers she deals with on possible engineering problems, Ford gave them all explorers to drive so they could better relate to customer concerns.

i was told by a CSM that Cory had get in touch with me that the re-write was being handled by ford internally, apple, and microsoft. She also said that the engineers she deals with on possible engineering problems, Ford gave them all explorers to drive so they could better relate to customer concerns.

Ford, Apple and Microsoft? Now I know it's bunk. How would Apple be involved?

Ford Apple and Microsoft. All were missing is a company that starts with E. Then we would have the acronym FAME. Microsoft and Apple working together. HMMMMMMM..... I call Bullshit. That is all. OH I GOT IT ENRON ...........

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Ok let's throw Meg W. In the mix, HP out of pcs and tablets, throw them a bone, give the auto PC.

Back