what my X is turning into! | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

what my X is turning into!

Xan - well obviously with no windows. But its got no carpet and im getting some really nice seat covers so my seats dont get ruined...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

JTX- yeah, this axle is exactly what i need.

Ammo - when i had originally made the bumperi just welded 1/4" plate onto the bumper and wentstraight back into the frame railes and bolted it on. (before 3" body lift)

(after body lift) i really didnt do anything special to it... i just cut the plate in half moved the bumper up 3" and welded the plate back together. it doesnt look strong but it is... it pulled my friends j**p frame apart when he was stuck once.

I don't suppose you have any more pics of your bumper do you? That's pretty much the style I'm leaning towards. I'm mostly curious how the mounts are done.

just took these

SD530796.jpg

SD530794.jpg

Thanks that help a lot.

i didn't want you to think i wasn't taking notes on your rig :eek: hmm, i wonder if your doors will fit a 91, lol...
btw, your original post in this thread has a pic problem...you have two of the same pics of your doors and the next three pics are red x's...

Xan - well obviously with no windows. But its got no carpet and im getting some really nice seat covers so my seats dont get ruined...

I'm just imagining you going through a deep mud pit or something and you getting covered in crap :D but i guess from NE so we don't got very few rock trails and tons of rain so tons of mud. but it does look cool are you gonna make some in door panels for the inside? Also i hope if you're doing rock :roll: you're gonna make a roll cage.

TBARS - i went back and fixed that pic post... the doors we're real easy to make. the hardest part was cutting the sheet metal cause we used snips...

Xan - well as of right now we're in the worst drought TN has ever seen so no mud... but i dont mind getting the inside muddy is hoses out. and i do like wheeling on rock better... so i do plan on a role cage that'll tie into sliders and possibly a new rear bumper.

TBARS - i went back and fixed that pic post... the doors we're real easy to make. the hardest part was cutting the sheet metal cause we used snips...

Xan - well as of right now we're in the worst drought TN has ever seen so no mud... but i dont mind getting the inside muddy is hoses out. and i do like wheeling on rock better... so i do plan on a role cage that'll tie into sliders and possibly a new rear bumper.

that sucks about the drought part, thats odd cause here in NE we've had so much rain the ground can't asorb it fast enough we had some of our main streets flood a couple times. I was headed to a meeting to get money for school and the water was up past my running boards but i plowed on through (tons of stalled cars =P)
I wish i had the $$ for a truck just for mudding and stuff well i guess i do but i got my street rod instead haha

well i still plan on driving around town every now and then. but i want this thing to mainly be offroad. so itll eventually turn into that one day im sure...

Picked this up today for 100 bucks!

SD530848.jpg

The inside looks really good! to bad its not already geared at 4.88 :rolleyes:
SD530847.jpg

SD530850.jpg

The stock j**p hubs turn real nice... real smooth. They will be replaced still though!
SD530851.jpg

Back