What paint? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

What paint?

Hey guys i have a 02 Eddie Bauer and its blue not the dark blue on the XLT but the lighter blue on the ED and Limited and i need some touch up paint but don't know top quality paint from the **** paint? So i was wondering if my friends here could tell me where/what color/brand i should spend my hard on cash on to do some touch up?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

First step is to get your color code. Check inside your driver side door. There is a sticker with the color match code - two letters normally.

First step is to get your color code. Check inside your driver side door. There is a sticker with the color match code - two letters normally.

I looked inside my door today and i can read it if i know what i looking but what should be before the 2 letters?

I looked inside my door today and i can read it if i know what i looking but what should be before the 2 letters?

On my 05 it states EXT PNT: TK (mineral grey)I would guess that the sticker didn't change in format from the 02.
With that code, you can find the color match on several different Ford color charts.
Bill W

On my 05 it states EXT PNT: TK (mineral grey)I would guess that the sticker didn't change in format from the 02.
With that code, you can find the color match on several different Ford color charts.
Bill W

if their is any other place i could i find it to double check but from what i could read it was WB BRK?

if their is any other place i could i find it to double check but from what i could read it was WB BRK?
On my 05 "WB" refers to the wheelbase 114, If the 02 is anything like the 05, then the paint code should be next to the EXT PNT: letter code for color. None of the 2002 colors that I checked was WB or BRK.
Bill W

On my 05 "WB" refers to the wheelbase 114, If the 02 is anything like the 05, then the paint code should be next to the EXT PNT: letter code for color. None of the 2002 colors that I checked was WB or BRK.
Bill W

ok guys sorry been busy for a while but after taking a close look i found it to be LD OR LB?

According to paintscratch.com-one source, for a 2002 Explorer, LD is medium wedgewood blue
Bill W

Back