• Register Today It's free!

what rims do yall think?

rickjamestb

Reaction score
City, State
richmond
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 xlt
ok im either thinkin of getting the harley davidson 20's off the f150 or the ford lighting wheels what do yall think?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

um i dont think neither the f150 wheels or the svt lightning wheels would fit the ex...the f150 wheels are 6 lugs and the svt lightning is a diff offset...anyone care to correct me thats fine...

If you are referring to the 99-04 Lightning or 02-04 Harley Davidson F150, then no the wheels will not work. They are the wrong lug spacing. You would be better off fitting wheels from the Sport Trac Adrenalin(also available on the Explorer/moutaineer) or the 22's from the Edge Sport.

dang that sucks but thanks guys glad i didnt order any wheels

yeah the wheels from the adrenelin would look great on it. I would look at them if you want something ford.

Here are my adrenalin Wheels I just put on. The only down side is that they are hard to find. I found these as a complete set on ebay.

03Mountaineerwithnewwheels6-7-091.jpg

I just bought those wheels from ebay...the guy has another set of them...if he didn't sell them yet...man I love the wheels they look hot...I'm going to powdercoat them black tho...what kind of tires u got on them?
Posted via Mobile Device

Aftermarket wheels are cheaper than you think. Mine were around $1000. 20x9 KMC XD series HOSS.

26475320200_medium.jpg

26475320215_medium.jpg

I just bought those wheels from ebay...the guy has another set of them...if he didn't sell them yet...man I love the wheels they look hot...I'm going to powdercoat them black tho...what kind of tires u got on them?
Posted via Mobile Device

They are the pirelli Scorpion 255/50/20.

U think anything wider would work??
Posted via Mobile Device

Here are my adrenalin Wheels I just put on. The only down side is that they are hard to find. I found these as a complete set on ebay.

03Mountaineerwithnewwheels6-7-091.jpg

That looks really nice.

soo I got in …my oem 20 wheels....they look hot...can't wait to powdercoat them...the guy who sold me them said he has 2 more sets available...got them from ebay power seller...just putting it out there for anyone interested
Posted via Mobile Device

Went retro. 2001 Ranger wheels. They are a +12 offset instead of the +44 stock. This eliminated my need for spacers.

Attachments

• 12-08 026.JPG
    12-08 026.JPG
    87 KB · Views: 3,689

soo I got in …my oem 20 wheels....they look hot...can't wait to powdercoat them...the guy who sold me them said he has 2 more sets available...got them from ebay power seller...just putting it out there for anyone interested
Posted via Mobile Device

be sure to post pics once you get them mounted!

2002 Explorer Studs Breaking Off Help

Ok so I have this question has anyone had a problem with the wheel stubs breaking off?? If so how do you fix the problem? I have had the studs break off my 2002 Explorer twice now with in 2000 miles of each other. I thonght it was just bad luck but I was told this is a real problem with this truck. Today my shopmechanic called me and said another customer with a 2002 Explorer had there studs break off. I LOVE my truck all I want to do is make it safe to drive!! Please if anyone knows email me at sylentrun@yahoo.com I have 2 of these trucks thats how much I love them, and now I scared of them Makes me sad Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Ok so I have this question has anyone had a problem with the wheel stubs breaking off?? If so how do you fix the problem? I have had the studs break off my 2002 Explorer twice now with in 2000 miles of each other. I thonght it was just bad luck but I was told this is a real problem with this truck. Today my shopmechanic called me and said another customer with a 2002 Explorer had there studs break off. I LOVE my truck all I want to do is make it safe to drive!! Please if anyone knows email me at sylentrun@yahoo.com I have 2 of these trucks thats how much I love them, and now I scared of them Makes me sad Thanks

It might be your shop. I had this happen after Tuffy's failed to torque them properly.

Back