What should I pay for a Limited? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

What should I pay for a Limited?

rellyrooly

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Ex Limited 4WD 302A
Hi All-

Well, it's been a while since I posted here. I originally had ordered a sport but never took possession of it as when we went to do the deal, we realized how terribly upside down we were on my Bimmer so we walked. I just really didnt want to pay what I am paying now for my explorer so I realized I had to lower my expectations a bit. That being said, I think I have now decided to get an EX Limited with 301A package. It really will give me (mostly) everything I want/need. How much should I realistically expect to pay for a black/black limited with 301A? That is the only option/package I am looking at. Nothing else. I think I should be able to get a better price as it is not a sport and this exact car is already on order and on its way to dealer. Thoughts?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Most you should pay for 2013 Limited with 301a package is around $38k. Should be able to get for less. Dealers all around MA are offering $8k-$9k off sticker.

Thank you...just to clarify, does that include incentives or before incentives?

Most you should pay for 2013 Limited with 301a package is around $38k. Should be able to get for less. Dealers all around MA are offering $8k-$9k off sticker.

Is that FWD or 4WD, just the 301a pkg? I paid more than that but had 4WD buckets/console and bliss. No roof, trailer pkg or polished wheels.

Is that FWD or 4WD, just the 301a pkg? I paid more than that but had 4WD buckets/console and bliss. No roof, trailer pkg or polished wheels.

I am asking about the base engine, 3.5L V6 FWD with just 301A.

3.5L AWD. That is after incentives

If you are looking to purchase FWD limited with 301A package, you should be closer to low $30's

8-9 below sticker for a Limited...how much below sticker are people normally gettin Sports for? In my area that seems like a really good price. Are you guys including fees like delivery, advertising, fuel? Everything short of taxes and tags?

Does not include taxes and registration. I cannot speak to the sport but I know several people that bought 2013 limiters and we all got between $8k-$9k off sticker. Then you need to add back in taxes, doc fees and registration.

Do your homework and make sure you visit at least 2-3 dealerships before signing. The all want your business and will fight for it.

Remember not to keep dealing past the price of a Limited and on to an XLT.

If they have stock of both, and all the available colors, and you get somewhere as close to what everyone is mentioning here, its a pretty good price level.

Show them print outs and try for as close as you can to the Edmunds True Market Price, which is low to mid 38.

But keep dealing and squeezing them past 38,and they will point to the XLTs and say "Well...we can put you in one of those for that price...but not a Limited"
(Or keep dealing until they do this - and you will have reached their rock bottom on a Limited).

...but hey a fully loaded XLT is nice too!
and affordable!

The internet quote is hit-&-miss, they do it to get you in there.
You may never even see that actual car/VIN or any actual quote, but you just may.

Also Fords website when searching inventory is pretty accurate, and all pricing is including available cash rebates (financing deals will carry different incentive combos - Edmunds will spell all of them out so you can see exactly how much you can take off from the sticker just via their own deals.)

Good Luck!

8-9 below sticker for a Limited...how much below sticker are people normally gettin Sports for? In my area that seems like a really good price. Are you guys including fees like delivery, advertising, fuel? Everything short of taxes and tags?

I ordered and took delivery on a SPORT 3 weeks ago at 5K off sticker. I negotiated the Edmunds listed dealer invoice price. Then I took the $500.00 cash and 0 % for 60 months incentives when it arrived at the dealer. With incentives it was 500 below Edmunds dealer invoice and 0 %.

I think i've talked with you before about prices on a different thread.

Eddie

Yeah,

Thats the pricing that I'm seeing too and we are in the same area. I'm looking at about 700-800 under dealer invoice with USAA pricing. But i'm paying about 350 in doc fees so it's more like 500 under invoice. That works out to about 4-5 under sticker with rebates included. Thats still far off from what i'm hearing, but wondering if there isn't incentive to move sports at a low price since they aren't sitting on many lots.

I think only volume dealers have 1/2 SPORTS on their lots. Ford doesn't make as many SPORTS as xlts and Limiteds. My dealer had only 1 SPORT on their lot for more than a couple of weeks. The dealer has ordered 3 more SPORTS for customers who placed the orders. So thats a total of 4 SPORTS for MY 13. They have several xlts and limiteds on the lot at any given time.

Eddie

And to be helpful to the OP and not sidetrack totally. In my area, USAA/ZAG pricing says that the Explorer you want should be about 41,595 MSRP, and a targe price of 36,415. That includes a 2K incentive, does not include taxes, title, docs, or separate fees added on at the end.

Just for a basis, USAA/ZAG pricing is normally 500-700 below the dealer invoice

Very good info.

I think the incentive money can swing the prices all over. Had I taken the $2000.00 cash and not the $500.00/0%, my off sticker price would have been $6500.00 or so. A lot af variables for somewone to research before pulling the trigger.

Eddie

I just don't know how so many people are getting cars so much below dealer invoice. Seems like the dealer would be really taking a hit and giving up all their holdback to make a few measly peanuts. No way to stay in business that way!

I have looked up the USAA price and gotten the same as well. I do know that sometimes the USAA price isn't always the best price that can be gotten though. I was wondering if it could go much below that? Some people here are saying that $8-9k under sticker is reasonable and USAA isn't close to that. So, is it true? Can a $41,595 sticker go to $33 or $34k? Really?

I totally agree with you that they aren't always the best. But my research on the explorer seemed to show the pricing as pretty good. Without a bunch of other incentives or rebates I personally can't see how that happens as the dealer is losing a lot of money on the vehicle.

5k below sticker is even seems really low as there is only 2-3k between invoice and sticker before you start getting into holdback

I think people are including the incentives when saying 8-9K off sticker. Even then it's hard to imagine dealers digging that deep into holdback.

Eddie

The price i'm looking at for my Explorer sport, Ruby Red, 402a, tow package, adaptive cruise.

MSRP 47,920
My price 44341.98
Incentive -2000

Total savings of 5578.02

I could maybe squeeze another 500-700 out of them, but i don't think they'll move much more then that except for additional dealer backed incentives. I also qualify for xplan pricing and after all the math this beats x-plan by 700ish

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I think you are doing very good with your numbers for a 13 SPORT.

Eddie

Back