what size rims for 31x10.5 bfg's | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

what size rims for 31x10.5 bfg's

im getting 31x10.5 bfg all terrains on my stock suspension 92 explorer. what size rims should i get? the guy at the tire place said they have to be beween 7 and 9 inches. i think i want smaller rims as to make the tires look a little bigger/beefier.

whatever is the smallest size that'll clear ur rotors, for the 2nd gens it's 15's idk what it is for the first gens probably the same

smaller rims to make the meat look beefy..as in a smaller diamter? thats gunna be 15in..but as for makin em look wider..the smaller the width fo a wheel the more it actually constricts the tires width..so you'd wunna go bigger..but in terms of fitting a 1050..i would be safe and go with a 15x8 and it'll fit just fine..and look great..thats what i had for quite some time

15X8 3.75" backspace is the normal recommended rim size. However you may have rubbing problems in the front. You can fit those tires on your stock rims as well. The rims are only 6.5" wide though so the tires will be cupped a bit more to fit the rim. Look in teh tires & wheel thread that has all the info you need.

Back