What spark plug wires do you use?

aldive

Elite In Memoriam
Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 XLT
What spark plug wires do you use?

Why do you that particular kind?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

taylor. after trying many, they were the only wires that i noticed any difference with. as far as throttle response, clean burn etc.

i just ordered some magnecors, KV85 Competition Wires. from my research everyone says they are the best. taylor and motorcraft place a very close second.

i plan on upgrading to the demon coil when money allows, can never have too much help

i use msd boxes, and they are awesome. soft rev limiter, fully sealed and isolated circuitry. and complete controllability.

Motorcraft. Don't know if they're the absolute best, but they're what mechanics I know recommend and, in my experience, they definitely perform better than the other brands I've tried.

I use Magnecore wires.

Why? There simply are none better.

I use Magnecore wires.

thats why i ordered some :) glad to see that you use them too

Taylor. Truck runs with them, no sense in complaining :)

I use Magnecore wires.

I also use Magnecore wires. Why, well after hours of reasearch those seemed to be the best IMO...nothing but good reviews from them. I used Motorcraft wires before and I had bad luck with them. They only lasted me 6 months and for the price I was willing to pay a little more to try out the Magnecore wires, so far they are holding up great. :thumbsup:

I use Magnecore wires.

Where's the best place to get these from,or did you order directly from Magnecore?

JBA's! Taylors were my close second choice.

Taylor as well. I see zero difference in wires, but got these on sale.

I went with the motorcrafts. They were good for the first 100,000 miles, I figure they should be good for the second 100,000 miles too.

-Joe

I've used Accel 8.8 wires in the past. They seem to be good. A friend of mine likes the Jacobs low resistance (250 ohms per foot) wires. I have 4 gauge wire which is crimped onto connectors from Accel (end & boot kit) on my 88. These seem to be good. I was originally worried about ignition noise on the radio or some sort of interference into the computer, but it wasn't a problem.

Motocraft 8.8 Wires and Bosch +2 Plats (soon to be taken out)

when I go an change out my blugs and wires this summer motocraft plats are going back in along with Magnecore wires, i've read a lot of good things on them.

Big problem with the viber engine has is arching durring idle and everyone "claims" these are the best and fix that problem, so i don't have ten cylinders so it should work fine...:)

I have a brand that is not written on the wires. I could get new ones for 20$ on ebay from the company Ar-Tech ...anyone have ever heard of them?

Taylor on my 94 because those were the only ones i could find in red :D

My Lightning has MSD, Nothing but the highest performance for it.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Motorcraft wires and Motorcraft fine wire platinum plugs.

Back