• Register Today It's free!

What Speakers are you using?

Silent00

Reaction score
City, State
Detroit
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Eddie Bauer
I have a new head-unit and amp coming in soon and i am thinking about replacing my current kicker DS680 door speakers. I been looking at a few 5x7 & 6x8 speakers but i am thinking about going component but if i go component i am un-sure about where to place the tweeter without modding my doors with fiberglass and cutting holes.

So my question is what speakers are you currently using? what models are they? Are they 5x7 or 6x8? using a different size like 5 1/4 or 6 1/2? did you use a bracket? or make your own? please share your system pics are welcome.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Front <-(click me)

x065SL80.jpg

Rear <-(click me)

SX85.jpg

BA makes good stuff and they drop right in. I understand both models have been discontinued and replaced with similar offerings.

Awesome man thanks for sharing, i checked out your 99' and WOW you did some amazing work to it.

Pioneer TS-A6872R. I got them off of cowboom.com for only $35 for all four. I am using a Pioneer AVH-P3200DVD and they sound amazing. They install perfectly in the standard holes and you can install them in 10 minutes if you don't drop the door bolts inside the panel like I did.

I'm using a set of Kicker KS5.2 5-1/4" Component set for the front of my Ranger. I LOVE THEM. I've yet to get them to distort on their own, they love power, the only distortion I can hear is when I have my head unit (Alpine 9886) turned to loud. They're definitely taking a pounding and holding up perfectly, although I wish the midbass was a little more responsive, but they've still the best I've personally ever heard.

I use a Kicker KS component system from about 2 years back, sound AMAZING, just need an amp to give them the poewr they want and I think they'll SCREEEEAM

Alpine 6 1/2 type x comps. Mids getting 120 watts and tweets getting 60 watts.

Diamond audio M6 (about 5 years old wont blow and still sound as good as they did from day 1) they are a 6.5" component and i just made a plate out of 1/4" wood.

I have Anarchy 6.5 mids, Boston Neo II tweeters & a e5.10 sub. They sound great & are very loud & clear. I'm running 125 RMS a side to the fronts & 500 RMS to the sub.

Back