What switches are the same?

ipozestu

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
San Mateo, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'98 Sportie
I'm looking to buy some new billet window, lock switches. It is obvious that there are no off the shelf switches. What Ford's have the same switches as my '98 Explorer. I'm thinking rangers, F-150, Mustang, Ect.ect. Can anyone from the Ford family help.
Thanks
Jeff

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

C'mon guys. I know that some of you have all these vehicles. Give it a look and let me know. Please.

TTT

i think all the window switches are the same from all fords but dont quote me on that. all the hvac controls look the same too. so i think anything from a mustang would work but i am not sure

Here is one that fits 97-03 mustangs it looks like it will work on the explorer. I got it from here

Attachments

• 97-03 window switch.gif
    97-03 window switch.gif
    83.1 KB · Views: 127

the problem is the mustang ones are kind of flat. The ones for the explorer are hollow and set down in thier space. I bought some from steeda and they don't work. I ordered another set today for a ranger. It looks like the F-150 isa closer match. I would just like to see if someone can pull the cap off the switch of another model to see if it is the same as the X

These are the switches for the F-150
F150_DS_94_01_LRG.gif

These are the ones for the ranger

ranger_sk_LRG.gif

I have a 97 Mountaineer and a 97 Cobra. The lock switches are different. Cobra's are smaller. I know because I tried to install an extra Mustang one in my Mountaineer.

Back