What the biggest I can go tires/rims.. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

What the biggest I can go tires/rims..

:eek: I have the 03 Sport and I am wanting to upgrade my factory tire/rim combo to a larger wheel size. I know that some of you guys have like 20's on yours, whats the largest I can go up to without raising the vehicle? Will 22" or 24" work?

Brandon:eek:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You can run 26's... but it took me a lot of work.

Attachments

• sectionstreet.jpg
    sectionstreet.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 799

Good looking 26" there Section. Must've been some hard work. ;)

pssst... where's the good looking model?

Originally posted by Black Magic
I'm not sayin' anything!

Matt, we do not have the same wheels! Yours are only 20s! Okay! I did not copy you. Incase you didn't catch that.

I DID NOT COPY YOU!

Why does that pic look photochopped to me..........hmmmmmmmmmmm, but anyways, thanks for the input, the low-profile 22's would be my first choice....

Originally posted by XPlorThis
Why does that pic look photochopped to me..........hmmmmmmmmmmm, but anyways, thanks for the input, the low-profile 22's would be my first choice....

Probably because its hard to believe that someone could have such a sweet ride!

Well I must admit I do like the pic, but you have to admit that it looks photoshoped, but what ever...I like it...

Brandon:D

Just remember, when mentioning "low profile" on 22s, you are talking about 30 series tires. Not much rubber there.

Originally posted by Robb
Just remember, when mentioning "low profile" on 22s, you are talking about 30 series tires. Not much rubber there.

Yeah, I figured that, on my vehicle before the Exlporer, I had 18's with low profile tire, so I am use to that. I still have the 18's in the garage, I put one on the Sport one day just for kicks, it looked like a toy tire....:D I thought about putting them all on for a day and go out cruisin, just to see what kind of looks I would get...they are chrome and nice, would love to have them in 20" or 22", but $$ are allot for them...

Brandon:cool:

;) They are 18" "Limited" rims (chrome) and 4 "Aurora" Low profile tires size -- 225/40ZR18 92W. They were on my 2003 Eclipse for 2 months before I traded for the Sport. They are in perfect condition and have only 1,200 miles on them. I can send digital pictures if you are interested.

Back