• Register Today It's free!

What To Do Next

watisgood

Reaction score
City, State
LoNg IsLaNd
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 ford explorer sport
im looking for a diy project i just replaced the lights in my dash...my car has 114,000 miles so im not trying to put that much money into it...let me know if you guys have any good diy projects that dosnt consist of 2 much money...thanks agaain o ya xplorer sport 2 door

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

What other mods (if any) have you done? I put my vote in for a CAI! Easy and not too terribly expensive.

what the heck is CAI?

I think it might be Cold Air Intake. But I am not sure, just a guess.

David

Yes!!! CAI=Cold air intake!!! Using the conical style air filter and such.... look around, there are deals to be had. :)

I am slowly edging up the mod ladder.... I started with Rancho shocks, then the CAI, and I await the arrival of the 'mighty' XCalII flash programmer (sold to me from another friendly forum member ;)).

My goal, you ask? Versatility.... I want better mileage, like everyone else, and yet maintain the 4x4 ability to tackle forest service roads and the like. I want to be in between the road-machines and the heavy-duty off-road monsters.... if there is such a thing.... if nothing less, I'll have fun trying! :)

where can i buy a used cai????? Is there a section on this forum? Thanks for all your reply's

yes there is a classified section. Search ebay they have them on there, you can make your own which is what I did.

I checked you cardomain site i didn't see any pictures you think you can post some and maybe a brief description im going to give it a shot building my own...or ordering from e-bay...how is the fitments is there anything i should look for as far as model's?

I didn't have a cam when I built it, I'll see if I can snap some pics today of it and post'em. For what i spent experimenting with different ghetto intakes I could have bought a cheapie off ebay. Supposedly you can have an exhaust shop weld together a 3 inch tube to accomplish the CAI. I noticed a little improvement with the cai. Custom redneck efan, cai, and exhaust I haven't noticed much improvement over stock. Granted I never do. Felt improvement with the xcal 2 though.

im gonna check e-bay for a cheap one im just worried about the fitment...most of the stuff on e-bay you cant return

well i guess its worth a try!!!!

Back