what to do sas question | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

what to do sas question

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Run at least 40s. With 5.13s.

But seriously, Jordan, what are your plans for the truck?

i want it to be a capible street truck all i need now is an axle

i'd take the 9" any day. for two reasons. first, it's not a C clip axle. second it's slightly bigger and stronger, and third you can buy used detroit lockers for them all day long on ebay for around $200 (i'm running one, works great)

as for the axle ratios. i think 5.13 would be ideal for 32" tires or larger. since you have an overdrive you're RPM's wont be rediculous on the freeway (expect around 3,000) and you'll get killer torque... not to mention the lower axle ratio will take more load off you're stock transfercase and trans (so they'll be harder to brake)

i want it to be a capible street truck all i need now is an axle

:scratch: :scratch: :scratch:
It was a capable street truck the day it left the factory.

:dunno:

I think 5.13 might be a little much for 32s. I think its about perfect for 35s though. If you are only going to run 33s then I would say 4.88. I'm no expert though, depending on how much lift you get out of the SAS 33s might look a little small though.

It will be cheaper to keep your 8.8, but full width axles are a lot easier to find than an EB D44, at least around here. Plus I think most full width D44s are High Pinion axles. Of course with a full width axle under there you'll stick out past your fenders quite a bit, so make sure your going to be legal in your area. Some places have silly laws about the fenders covering the tire.

I voted 8.8 and a 44 because it sounds like your not trying to build a rock crawler, its a good set up for basic use.

i voted for the full width 44 and the 9", because when i do mine thats most likely what i'll do, and i want to steal your designs, haha. Are you planning on coils of leafs, or you want the bling factor of a link setup? I am still unsure, depends on the donor i guess. If i get a complete truck i can take the coils and RAs and everything. If i just get axles seems like leaf sprigs will be way easier and cheaper.
Posted via Mobile Device

coils front found axles 9 inch and dana 44 for 300 out of a 79 bronco

Back