What to do with old version of Superlift RA's, any thoughts? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

What to do with old version of Superlift RA's, any thoughts?

AlaskanJack

Elite Cabin-Fever Captain
Reaction score
City, State
Centralia, Washington
Year, Model & Trim Level
91 , 93 & 01 Sports
Ok so my replacement Superlift ra's finally came yesterday. Now since I was only charged $80 each from Superlift I am considering keeping the old ones and changing them.

So here's my thoughts give me some feedback.

I compared the new style to my old style and the tab is much beefier. I was thinking that after I removed the old ones I could get a fab shop to make a piece to weld over the tab like the new arms. I could then have a Heim joint added to the end. NAK4AF was saying they sell Heim joints that will screw onto the old RA's threads.
I could then make an adapter plate to mount to the heim joint. My friend said I should add some additional bend to the arms to ensure no wheel rub, but I don't think it is necessary.

Well what do you guys think of this idea??

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Never heard of doing it, Try it :) what di you have to lose? About 160.00 dollars...lol Good luck

I am talking about using the old ones so it won't cost me a thing really. I know some guys have added Heim joints to their stock radius arms and gained wheel travel so I imagine using the extended dropped arms would extend the wheel travel even further.

I really can't believe no one has done this to a set of extended arms with a lift. I know that some guys have added the Camburg arms with Heim joints but it didn't appear that they had much of a lift to start.

Well now, I'm thinking you should give me a set :D

Hmm... This post really serves no purpose..... I can't help ya. lol

Originally posted by dejello
Well now, I'm thinking you should give me a set :D

Hmm... This post really serves no purpose..... I can't help ya. lol

Well it does pad your posts and gets you closer to 1000

by me posting here i am padding and being closer to 9000 posts :)

Originally posted by jimabena74
by me posting here i am padding and being closer to 9000 posts :)

Well since you came here you might as well give me input as to what you think about my question.

Jack,
What ever happened with this? Did you ever go through with it? I want to do this.

Where you been? I haven't heard from you since I was up at your place.

Joe, this thread is from '03. ;)

Ya I know, after I posted I went and saw that he has not visited the forum since September, he may have notification on???

Back