What to Expect from Dealership Post Order | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

What to Expect from Dealership Post Order

stevesmith1328

Reaction score
City, State
Fort Worth, Texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Ford XLT Silver
This is my first time to order a vehicle and I am just trying to see what I should expect from the dealership in relation to updates on my order along the way. I have seen postings where people say they have received their VIN number and seem to be kept in the loop by their dealership.

I ordered my vehicle about a month ago and through Tricia I have received the VIN number, build date and ETA to my dealership. Tricia has provided me this information during weekly updates since the time I ordered the vehicle. I have not heard anything from my dealership or salesperson since I placed the order. I got a really good deal on the vehicle so I am not necessarily bothered by the fact that they have not kept me in the loop by providing the information I got through Tricia.

Is there anything that my dealership can access through a different system that Tricia can not as far as once the vehicle leaves Chicago on the railway to track it? Just trying to figure out if there is anything I should try and have my dealership provide after it is shipped to make sure that it is on line to come in on the estimated arrival date. If so is this a system that a sales person can access or does it require a manager at the dealership. Thanks in advance for your time.

What if anything a dealer/salesperson provides is up to each individual. Some are on top of orders while others only do so when prompted. My salesman was able to tell me where the vehicle was at each stop along the way once it left Chicago.

Peter

Back