What would you do if your Explorer was detroyed...? | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

• Holiday Special! - 2 for 1 Elite Explorer sale!

Right now you can purchase an Elite Explorer membership for $20 and receive a two year membership! If you have an existing Elite membership contact me by PM and I will upgrade your account manually.

Click Here to start your membership and get rid of the ads!

What would you do if your Explorer was detroyed...?

NICE59FORDF100

Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Austin, TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
OBD-1 Kenobi
So, I don't know why I am thinking of this right now, but what would each of you do if your explorer (or any other vehicle you deeply care about) was destroyed or rendered useless by another person? Such as theif, setting it on fire, other driver's fault in car accident, coming in the middle of the night and smashing it to...well, you get the point.

And I'm asking not the for the typical 'I would be mad' response, but rather this:

How far would you actually go to avenge or find revenge, if your vehicle was destroyed.

I hope this thread is OK for posting, because this is a hypothetical thought excercize, but to be honest, if any of the above happened to me, there would be a life sentence in my future...

So, begin! :p:

Holiday Special! Join the Elite Explorers $20 for 2 years! Gets rid of the ads!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

alexk

Reaction score
City, State
New Jersey
Year, Model & Trim Level
2021 Limited
Honestly I would be upset but I would just go out and get another one.

RAZOR

Reaction score
City, State
Lyndhurst,NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
'98 Sport 4x4 4.0L SOHC
Mine was totalled by a tractor trailer. He ran a red light and tore most of my front end off. It took thirty days for my insurance company to decide it was totalled. During that time I did a little investigating and found out the driver of the truck was a part-time employee with a wife, two small children, one of the them sickly. He admitted to Police that he tried to beat the light. In the wind-up he lost his job. I felt sorry for the guy not revengeful. I return to this site occassionally to see what's up. Still miss it.

wrigley_1285

Reaction score
City, State
Decatur, Illinois
Year, Model & Trim Level
00 Sport
i know what i did when i got rear ended a few years ago. some dumbass kid ran into me at about 45mph while i was stopped at a red light. as soon as i came to a stop i jumped out of the truck and started yelling. he looked so scared i thought he was gonna piss himself. then after i had a minute to calm down and call the cops he was outside his car trying to talk to me and he had the balls to ask me for a coat(early february, why wouldn't you have a coat in the first place), i ever so kindly told him to fornicate with himself and told the 911 operator that on second thought we might need an ambulance after i kick his ass. a few days after the accident the kid's dad calls me and says this is the third car he's totaled in just over a year and if they have another claim on their insurance they won't be able to afford it or the company might drop him. i told him if he didn't want a claim he would have to pay me twice what the damages would cost...in cash.

but if my truck got totaled now. i would probably still yell and cuss and just be generally pissed. i would buy it back from the insurance company and make it into a trail rig. then take the insurance money and probably get a crew cab F150 4x4 for a tow rig/dd. or maybe step up to a F250 diesel if i can find one for the right price.

NICE59FORDF100

Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Austin, TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
OBD-1 Kenobi
I'd head down to Edmond Ok and steal me a blue one-:D

Turdle...that's funny, lol. Too bad it would be a one way trip :D

I'm just teasing yea, BUT in the heat of the moment, if I was witness to whatever happened to my vehicle, I know I would be unpredictable and sure as hell wouldn't think clearly. But I do know that whatever actions I decide on would not be the best choice, and would ultimatly involve something that probably shouldn't. But good thing this is a 'what if' thread :p:

Flounder

Owns 10,000 Marbles
Elite Explorer
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Pennsylvania
Year, Model & Trim Level
'17 F-150 FX4
Get something that doesn't get 12MPG combined. :)

Actually, probably get a '10 or '11 ST, depending on when the insurance company cuts the check.

JoeCool6972

Reaction score
City, State
where ever I may roam...
Year, Model & Trim Level
2007 Sport Trac XLT
I'd probably just get another Sport Trac, this time probably an Adrenaline model with the V8. Don't know about revenge, I have full insurance coverage.

Elessar65

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Wichita, Ks
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 Sport
Most likely I would bid it a fond farewell, remember the good times we had, wipe the single tear from my eye, and go buy another one, with sticks instead of electronics.

corkey

Moderator Emeritus
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Elite Canuck,multiple ifs offender,, and musky maniac,, i wheel and i fish,,
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 xls,96 xl,91,08 Ranger

davidhicks16

Reaction score
City, State
oreana il
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 xlt
id get me another 79 bronco and build me one bad 351 Cleveland

davidhicks16

Reaction score
City, State
oreana il
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 xlt
i know what i did when i got rear ended a few years ago. some dumbass kid ran into me at about 45mph while i was stopped at a red light. as soon as i came to a stop i jumped out of the truck and started yelling. he looked so scared i thought he was gonna piss himself. then after i had a minute to calm down and call the cops he was outside his car trying to talk to me and he had the balls to ask me for a coat(early february, why wouldn't you have a coat in the first place), i ever so kindly told him to fornicate with himself and told the 911 operator that on second thought we might need an ambulance after i kick his ass. a few days after the accident the kid's dad calls me and says this is the third car he's totaled in just over a year and if they have another claim on their insurance they won't be able to afford it or the company might drop him. i told him if he didn't want a claim he would have to pay me twice what the damages would cost...in cash.

but if my truck got totaled now. i would probably still yell and cuss and just be generally pissed. i would buy it back from the insurance company and make it into a trail rig. then take the insurance money and probably get a crew cab F150 4x4 for a tow rig/dd. or maybe step up to a F250 diesel if i can find one for the right price.

Why dont you tell them about the tree stump, and how the windshield conveniently caught your face....ah good times:roll:

wrigley_1285

Reaction score
City, State
Decatur, Illinois
Year, Model & Trim Level
00 Sport
Why dont you tell them about the tree stump, and how the windshield conveniently caught your face....ah good times:roll:

yeah that felt wonderful. my steering wheel is still a little bent from catching my neck:D

410Fortune

Truck Season!!
Staff member
Reaction score
City, State
NORTH IDAHO, 7B
Year, Model & Trim Level
B2 "Slightly" Modified
Callsign
FOURTEN

slammed98z

Reaction score
City, State
Branson West, Missouri 65737
Year, Model & Trim Level
1996 Explorer 2DR
Send it to this:

EzCarCrusher.jpg

And buy one of these:

adrenalinegalleryc.jpg

99SportX

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Duluth, MN
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 Ex & Mounty
If it was someone else whose careless act led to the demise of my Sport, I would probably flip out for a while, but I would not hurt anyone. There would be some yelling for sure. If it was my stupidity that killed the sport, then I would probably be depressed for a while and then work on building something new.

As custom as my sport is, I could still build it again and probably do a better job. It does have some sentimental value as it is my first vehicle. I would have to buy two explorers to re-create what I have though. You couldn't get the 2nd gen sports with EATC, message center and a V8....It is not as much the cost as it is the sheer man hours it would take to build a new one with all the tweaks and mods I have now.

Silver X

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Brownstown Twp, MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
'01 Sport 4x4
I'd certainly be pissed for awhile, but wouldn't hurt anyone over it. Would probably take the insurance and put it toward a new F150 Raptor. Will hopefully get one next year anyway.

If something happened to my Mustang, I most likely would hurt someone! Then again I have full coverage (claimed value policy) on it that would make a good down payment on a Raptor, LOL. Or maybe get a 2011 Mustang GT convertible.

chezoom

Reaction score
City, State
plano texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
03' F-150 Super Crew
The Explorer. I would yell at them. A girl backed into me, I yelled. She peed her pants.
if totalled. i would replace if a black 4wd 4 door one

My Camaro. not replaceable, I dont care what you say. I would be leaving the site in handcuffs.

Holiday Special! Join the Elite Explorers $20 for 2 years! Gets rid of the ads!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.