WHAT WOULD YOU DO?

95ExplorerLtd

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Hymera, IN
Year, Model & Trim Level
'95 Limited 4x4
Ok, heres what I wanna do, tell me if its even possible at all :) Can I pull the factory sub and put in a quality JBL 6 1/2 inch sub, either that or try to put in a 10 inch MTX sub. What would you do? Is it posible? How will it sound? Can I use the factory amp to get more bump? Also, if I pull the sub, will it void the DSP system, or is that if you pull the amp? So many questions!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You can replace the factory sub with a better 6.5" or you can even squish a 8" in there. That's about as big as you can go though. It's been done by others here before. The 6.5" replacement will be easy, and even that will sound better. You'll get more bass, but I'm not sure how much more. Don't know about the DSP thing though.

Speaking of the DSP thing, how does it work?? There's a light above it but I've never seen it on. I tried to read the owner's manual but the description was so vague, I couldn't understand it. Help please. Thanks.

The DSP thingy has alot of different effects to put with whatever you're listening to to make it sound like its echoing and its really neat. Press the button and then use the little bar underneath to select whatever one you want.

My guess is that the DSP processing is done inside the head unit, as I think Ford uses the same amps for both the DSP and non-DSP systems. Therefore, you should be fine just removing the sub.

peace

Mike

Back