What year Dana 30 axle | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

What year Dana 30 axle

JTX

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
New Mexico
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 xlt
Im looking for a Dana 30 front axle. I was wondering what year of Wrangler had the best Dana 30 with leaf springs. TIA

<

Join the Elite Explorers $20 Gets rid of the ads!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

1994sploder

Reaction score
City, State
loon lake washington
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 explorer xlt
leafs ?????

:eek: i was just wondering why you want leafs you get way better flex and road manners out of coil springs :D

<

Robb

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
Re: leafs ?????

Originally posted by 1994sploder
:eek: i was just wondering why you want leafs you get way better flex and road manners out of coil springs :D
That is a little oversimplified, and not always true. Although, with a 1st gen X, coil setups tend to be easier to produce.

Your easiest bet is to find a XJ D30 ('84-? Cherokee, non Grand). I don't think the XJ used the troublesome vacuum disconnect axle. Although, if you are planning on upgrading to alloy shafts in the future, a YJ ('87-'95 Wrangler) would work also. I, personally, would stay away from the low pinion D30, such as a TJ ('96+ Wrangler) or the ZJ (Grand Cherokee), but that is just me.

Confused yet?:confused: :)

<

JTX

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
New Mexico
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 xlt
Re: leafs ?????

Originally posted by 1994sploder

The main reason i want leafs is because im only 17 an a leaf sprung setup wont cost as much as a Coil spring seup.

<

Bronco638

Nobody Home
Reaction score
City, State
Elk Grove, IL
Year, Model & Trim Level
'17 Expedition XLT
Low pinions also came on the 2000+ XJ (Cherokee).

<

Swee294349

Reaction score
City, State
Fort Collins, Colorado
Year, Model & Trim Level
'91 XLT 4x4
i'm going to be running a dana 30 from a 91 YJ. i'm having some brackets fabbed up to hold my front leafs. so far i'm spent over a little over 400 bux, but i've found some good deals on some items. check out NOTAJP's write up under his dand 30 swap. a lot of good info.

<