What year Dana 30 axle

JTX

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
New Mexico
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 xlt
Im looking for a Dana 30 front axle. I was wondering what year of Wrangler had the best Dana 30 with leaf springs. TIA

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

leafs ?????

:eek: i was just wondering why you want leafs you get way better flex and road manners out of coil springs :D

Re: leafs ?????

Originally posted by 1994sploder
:eek: i was just wondering why you want leafs you get way better flex and road manners out of coil springs :D
That is a little oversimplified, and not always true. Although, with a 1st gen X, coil setups tend to be easier to produce.

Your easiest bet is to find a XJ D30 ('84-? Cherokee, non Grand). I don't think the XJ used the troublesome vacuum disconnect axle. Although, if you are planning on upgrading to alloy shafts in the future, a YJ ('87-'95 Wrangler) would work also. I, personally, would stay away from the low pinion D30, such as a TJ ('96+ Wrangler) or the ZJ (Grand Cherokee), but that is just me.

Confused yet?:confused: :)

Re: leafs ?????

Originally posted by 1994sploder

The main reason i want leafs is because im only 17 an a leaf sprung setup wont cost as much as a Coil spring seup.

Low pinions also came on the 2000+ XJ (Cherokee).

i'm going to be running a dana 30 from a 91 YJ. i'm having some brackets fabbed up to hold my front leafs. so far i'm spent over a little over 400 bux, but i've found some good deals on some items. check out NOTAJP's write up under his dand 30 swap. a lot of good info.

Back