What year were the side badges deleted? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

What year were the side badges deleted?

E.B. Cornburner

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Oshkosh, WI
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 Eddie Bauer
I saw a black Eddie Bauer just like mine the other day, but noticed it had no "Explorer" badges on the doors. I didn't think much of it, since it could have been hit and repainted, and the badges never reinstalled. Then, I saw a couple more, so I knew it had to be something deleted by the factory.

What year did this happen?

The black Eddie Bauer in the pic in my avatar is also debadged. I have the fullsize image saved on my computer.

Also, I see some Explorers equipped with AdvanceTrac, where the badge says "AdvanceTrac RSC", and others like mine just say "AdvanceTrac". What was different? Just a difference in the year of the vehicle that had a different style badge, or was there something more to it?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

My 05 has the door badges. They may be gone in the 06 and 07 years.

The RSC in AdvanceTrac is Roll Stability Control. It is supposed to help keep the vehicle from rolling over. It was introduced in 2005. AdvanceTrac is traction control.

I was talking about the '02-'05 model years.

Like this one:

Attachments

• fordexploreruploadsize.JPG
    fordexploreruploadsize.JPG
    26.5 KB · Views: 332

Might be based on a package of some sort. My door badges are right in the middle of where the tan door cladding is in you picture.

Yep... '05 XLT with the Sport Appearance package, and the badges are in the same place as ntrpriz. I plan to shave all of the badging, since it looks cleaner without them.

My '03 XLT w/ tow package only has the badges on the liftgate, I don't know if the previous owner removed them on the doors or if it came like that

'03's do not have the badges on the door.

I believe the Side badges were deleted in 2003 as a cost reduction. They were reinstated in 2004 at the request of the dealers.

My dads 02 has it on the doors, and my 04 has it too.

My dad just bought a couple more V8 emblems like on the back. He wants to put it on the front fender at the end of the Explorer emblem. If it looks good on his I may do it too.

My dads 02 has it on the doors, and my 04 has it too.

My dad just bought a couple more V8 emblems like on the back. He wants to put it on the front fender at the end of the Explorer emblem. If it looks good on his I may do it too.

I think it'd look better placed similar to where the Escape puts its V6 badge.

Back