whats a good 31x10.50x15 tire? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

whats a good 31x10.50x15 tire?

hello , jw what would be a good tire? i was thinking BFG A/T KO's. but heard alot of bad things about the tread not cleaning at all. i was thinking, what about some wrangler duratrac's? they're some what cheap and aggressive. i want a somewhat aggressive tire with good tread life, any suggestions, ha and something affordable for a 17 year old, haha i dont have much money lol

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The only thing BFG AT's aren't good in is sticky mud.

The only thing BFG AT's aren't good in is sticky mud.

thats the kind of mud we got around here, good ole va red clay....

i would say BFG's KM2 they are pritty they are good for mud and i think a little cheeper than the wrangelrs but not 100% but they are good.

hello , jw what a good tire would be? i was thinking BFG A/T KO's. but heard alot of bad things about the tread not cleanin at all. i was thinking, what about some wrangler duratrac's? there some what cheap and aggressive. i want a somewhat aggressive tire with good tread life, any suggestions, ha and something affordable for a 17 year old, haha i dont have much money lol
btw could someone fix the title to *good*

used tires. i've run my share of used tires.. in fact, my current build has a set of used tires waiting to go on it. my point is.. you don't have a lot of money to spend, so just get some used tires and see how they do. i've run so many different old bald used tires.. they all worked great. tread is over rated anyway

tirerack.com :thumbsup:

used tires. i've run my share of used tires.. in fact, my current build has a set of used tires waiting to go on it. my point is.. you don't have a lot of money to spend, so just get some used tires and see how they do. i've run so many different old bald used tires.. they all worked great. tread is over rated anyway

I agree if your basically broke like me (college student) used is the way to go. Keep an eye on Craigslist and just get what you can afford.

I agree if your basically broke like me (college student) used is the way to go. Keep an eye on Craigslist and just get what you can afford.

I agree with these guys, you could even run into some goodyear mt/r's or some other great mud terrain tires. Especially since you're in mud country, some people get lifts and then go for huge tires, and want to ditch their now 'small' tires and get something from em. Go for that and if you really like em, save up for a new set.

i'm 16 and running the 31x10.50x15 duratracs.. only had them since august but the tackle the Alabama mud very well

I've heard nothing but great things about Duratracs...I considered them myself.

I've heard nothing but great things about Duratracs...I considered them myself.

thats good to hear, cuase they are cheap, and i can afford them, but the tires on my x are gonna go bald , before i get nnew tires. or if one goes flat, to beyond fixing since they re dry rotted....

anyone know the tread life of those duratracs?

im runnin wrangler authority's... were 200$ a pop new at walmart lmao. never had a problem... n yeah, ive towed chev's outta the mud with em. :D

im runnin wrangler authority's... were 200$ a pop new at walmart lmao. never had a problem... n yeah, ive towed chev's outta the mud with em. :D

Those look good too, however the Authority is a tire that Goodyear makes just for Walmart, and that makes me nervous. Walmart has one goal in mind, and that's low prices, which means that a special product just for WM is likely to be in some way inferior to Goodyear's standard tire lines.

Those look good too, however the Authority is a tire that Goodyear makes just for Walmart, and that makes me nervous. Walmart has one goal in mind, and that's low prices, which means that a special product just for WM is likely to be in some way inferior to Goodyear's standard tire lines.

The Goodyear Wrangler Authority tires at Wally World have 2-ply tread and 2-ply sidewalls making them weaker overall than a comparable Goodyear Wrangler MT/R.

i have the bfg ko's an around here in central fla all we have is thick mud or swamps an my tires run fine

being from the middle of SC i have the abiliity to go a little north and hit thick clay or go a little south to hit soupy thin mud, and then go east to hit sand.
My BFG AT's havent let me down yet.

The BFGs are probably a better all-around tire than the Duratracs, for the same price. (Although there seems to be a $20 mail in rebate promotion for some Goodyear tires depending on where you purchase them) The Duratracs are basically a mud tire with the tread design of a heavy duty commercial tire and the wavy sipes for some semblance of traction in rain and snow. Not bad but probably nowhere near the BFG A/T. I haven't heard any complaints of the A/T's being a poor cleaner except from mudders who just want to knock it because it's not a dedicated mud tire. If you live in a swamp and drive through thick mud 24/7, just get a mud tire and be done with it.

If you want the "best" tire for your personal needs, you'll need to be honest about what those are. Slapping mud tires on your ride just so it looks "cool" even though you only drive around on paved roads 90% of the time is just going to waste your money, not only on the initial cost of the tires, but in the lower mileage and short tread life.

I would probably suggest something like the Yokohama Geolandar A/T-S if you want something that looks pretty aggressive, but is well suited to paved driving, and comes in a 31x10.50x 15 size, and is a good bit less expensive than either of the other tires.

If you do a ton of off-roading though, you're probably better off getting at least the A/T's if not the Duratracs. Dunlop and General make some slightly lower priced mud and all-terrains too.

lookin at more tires, have any of yall had cooper stt? those are REALLY aggressive, and have good claimed road life....

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back