• Register Today It's free!

Whats a good HID kit

02EBEX

Reaction score
City, State
VA
Year, Model & Trim Level
02 Eddie Bauer V6 4x4
i dont want to be paying out the ass, but i would like to be able to get some new brighter lows and fogs. Whats a good affordable HID kit, has anyone tried the ones on Ebay?? I just dont want to pay $100 dollars for each kit??
Pics and Post would be appreciated. Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Check out ddm tuning. I think it is just what you are looking for.

yea ddmtuning has great prices. ive got mine from there and their great. i think it was like $50 for the 55w kit with 6000k bulbs. they look great. the only thing is they take forever to ship. i got mine like 3 weeks after i ordered them

DDM tuning

or...

if you want the HID with halogen bulbs, look into LUMINIC's Bulbs

So im checking out the ddmtuning website, and they are a good price for me.
Now will i need the extra $12 harness??? Or can i just buy the Raptor HID kit??
And is there a difference when it comes to the 35 & 55 watt lights??? Sorry for all the questions just want to make sure, yall know how it is.
Any pictures would be nice

I would highly suggest the relay harness if you are going with 55w.

i have the 55W 5K from ddm in my bike and they are great. i dont have the upgraded harness but i dont think it would hurt to get it for the extra 12$. i will be buying hids from them again for sure.

no doubt. thats what im most likely going with. Now does the 6k lights have any color to them. Cause im trying to stay away from that, i always see blue headlights being pulled over where i live. I just want bright white.

Also i know its a little off subject but once i get the head lights going i want to try and match all my int. lights and the puddle lights. Have any of yall done that. Havent seen to much about int. lights on this forum lately. If yall have any suggestions...

i didnt need the harness on my HID's. they worked just fine. 6000k is bright white with a slight hint of blue in them. perfect for me. getting the optional harness wont hurt but like i said i didnt need them. get the raptor kit thats what i got

did u go with the 55w or 35w kit.

If you want pure white, go with 5k. Below is 5k (left) compared to Sylvania Silverstar bulbs (right)

hid4.jpg

ok im about to order my HID from ddmtuning.com
all i need to know is if there is a difference between the 35w and 55w.

Can any of yall help out on this.

The difference is the 55w would be brighter.

55w is brighter and produces more heat. If you use them in a small housing, such as your fog lights, it may cause them to melt. Should work fine in the low beam headlight housing though.

okay ima just go with the 35w for the lows and fogs. 55w lights cant be that big of a difference, oh well, we'll see when it gets here. Thanks to all that posted. Anyone have any suggestion on int. lights.

02EBEX

even if you go with the 35w kit, you will notice a huge difference for sure over stock...

I had 8K's which were super bright / light blue and made everything so much brighter...

^^Agreed^^ I only have 35w 6k lows and fogs and I love the difference. You wont be disappointed!

no doubt thats what im going with.. one more question about buy this kit from ddm tuning. Do i need to buy the error code eliminator and the adapter cables??? i dont think i need any of that just want to make sure. Thanks again

im pretty sure you do not need it using the 35w kits...

but i could be wrong, i didnt get to install my ddm tuning hid's cause i blew fuses and just havent put them back in yet...

someone else may chime in on this...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

no doubt thats what im going with.. one more question about buy this kit from ddm tuning. Do i need to buy the error code eliminator and the adapter cables??? i dont think i need any of that just want to make sure. Thanks again

no there just plug and play

Back