Whats considered modified??? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Whats considered modified???

Stic-o said:
Well in that case every car is modified :rolleyes:

if its got somthing other then factory OEM on it. then yes. look up the meaning of the word for yourself ;)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

96limitedX said:
if its got somthing other then factory OEM on it. then yes. look up the meaning of the word for yourself ;)

I'm just saying, I but a different tire then factory on my car, so is it now modified?

That's all I ment, if a buguard or seat covers mean it's modifed, then arn't 99% of the cars on the road "modified" The word loses it's meaning. I'm not talking about what Webster says.

Stic-o said:
I'm just saying, I but a different tire then factory on my car, so is it now modified?

That's all I ment, if a buguard or seat covers mean it's modifed, then arn't 99% of the cars on the road "modified" The word loses it's meaning. I'm not talking about what Webster says.

i see what your saying. but we have to go on a scale i think. lightly moded to heavly moded. because as you said anything thats changed does make it "modified" in the sense of the word. :)

I had a guy telling me his pathfinder was crazy modded when all that it had was clear lights and a system. I think there is a scale. Technicaly it is indeed modified but come on. I call it stock. The definition is difficult

lightly ---------- heavily

there's a fine line between them

Stic-o said:
I don't know :rolleyes: I think when people turn there head and say was that a Explorer? :eek: That's when your modified
Once in a while people say that. For me though, it's more like "Wow, did you see that Jeep?!" :rolleyes: :mad:

Yeah I get that alot too, I hear jeep, blazer, and bronco being said most of the time when people ask me about my explorer

Then you have retards that think I can haul things in it like its a pick-up truck.

I did the 5hp pin stripe mod :p and seat covers plan on doing the budget lift within the next couple weeks. Does this qualify?

If your truck is lifted and you have straight body panels... you're not that modified.

If your comfortable driving it to work everyday, day in and day out... you're not that modified.

If you don't have people coming up to and saying why do you do the things you do to your truck... your not that modified.

If it rains and you say to yourself damn my truck is going to get dirty... you're not that modified.

If it rains and you have to run outside to cover up your truck with tarp so the interior doesn't get wet... you might be modified (Or a Heep Owner).

If you goto a local car show and you don't draw a small crowd and they're all saying "omg wtf is that thing!??!"... you're not that modified.

If you're not constantly tinkering with your ride... you're not that modified.

If your GF/Spouse/significant other/non car friends tell you, you spend to much time with your car... you're not that modified.

If you have to ask what mod should I do next/ask if your rig is modified... you're not that modified.

I hope this answers your questions. :)

That tells me I am HEAVILY modified :) Although the body panels are mostly straight, I jsut chalk that up to great spotting

Although you guys forget, just because a truck looks stock doesnt mean there's not a 600 HP V8 drivetrain under the hood

Back