whats faster, explorer or civic? | Page 6 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

whats faster, explorer or civic?

i have to race a civic this weekend and i have no idea what's going to happen. the civic is stock and my explorer has headers, intake, and shift kits but will this be enough? Does anyone have an idea of the quarter mile time for a V6 SOHC explorer?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Well... i think i'll just stick to my plan of getting a LT1 Trans Am or Z28.. since my explorer moves at the rate of turtle and my brothers built crx can't hold a candle to my mom's hemi pickup.. why get anything other than Chevrolet Performance?

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

darrellx14 said:
Well... i think i'll just stick to my plan of getting a LT1 Trans Am or Z28.. since my explorer moves at the rate of turtle and my brothers built crx can't hold a candle to my mom's hemi pickup.. why get anything other than Chevrolet Performance?
he's a bowtie boy, I just knew it. bowtie boy

Your mullet will thank you for picking Chevy :p There's a reason the Camaro and Trans Am is no longer manufactured. Mustang > all.

stock to stock a civic is probably going to be faster..... my sister has a 99 civic ex.... it has a sohc vtec, and 127 hp...... and is way lighter than an explorer

a 99 civic si has a 160 hp dohc vtec......

now if the explroer is an ohv..... its going to run home with its tail between its legs

I know a civic that has 14 million horsepower and it runs a -37 sec in the 1/4.... when this guy gets out of it he is actually younger. Damn I wish I could get a v-tec!!!!!

V-tec is cool, Honda has some AMAZING technology.

Chevy? pffffft there's one born every minute.....

Attachments

• tricycle.gif
    tricycle.gif
    11.2 KB · Views: 1,157

jah81592 said:
I know a civic that has 14 million horsepower and it runs a -37 sec in the 1/4.... when this guy gets out of it he is actually younger. Damn I wish I could get a v-tec!!!!!

This is a project that I'm helping my son on. It was my 94 Integra. Look what he's doing to my little motor :eek:

picture here B18C1 Integra GSR Engine VTEC
Setup: Updated 6/5/05
-JDM ITR Pistons O/S
-12.2:1 Static CR on 93 pump gas
-Honda O/S Rings
-Skunk2 Stage 2 Cams 12.1mm IN lift 11.8mm lift @ 1mm
-Supertech Race Valves Nitride Coated
-Skunk2 Dual Valvesprings 45lbs seat pressure
-Blox Intake Manifold
-Hondata Intake Manifold Gasket
-AEBS Head Studs
-ARP Rod Bolts & Resized Big End Rod
-3 Angle Valve Job
-Spoon HG .45mm
-Milled .005"
-OEM Main & Rod Bearings & Thrust Washers
-OEM Bottom End Gasket Kit
-70IM-60mm Plate Side Taper Bore TB
-Portflow Bronze Valve Guides

Fuel And Tuning:
-Walbro 190lph Fuel Pump
- R/C Enginneering 310cc Injectors
-Chipped & Socketed ECU
-Uberdata (full standalone engine management)
-PLX M-300 Wideband accurate a/f ratios to the .1 afr

Hoping for 225whp 135wtq and low 13's on 22" Drag slicks mounted on 14"s. 2460lb car.

how much $$$$$?

410Fortune said:
how much $$$$$?

Were up to $2200. Car weighs in at 2400 lbs. about 2oo under stock.

Even me, an old red-neck, NRA card carring member, B11 chopping, ***** mongrel, beer drinking good ol' boy has some ricer in him :D

I am a car freak so I try to stay up on the latest tech in the whole automotive world.
Watercooled VW's have been my fav since I was a kid (something about the GTI)
but

My blood runs blue even since I got a Bronco.

but shhhhhhhhhh dont tell anyone, my boat has a Chevy 4.3L in it, its cool though cuz it says mercruiser instead of Bowtie....but shhhhh...

whats really sad is the same boat and outdrive were available with a 5.0L Mercruiser, I jsut didnt get that lucky.
I keep secretly hoping the 4.3l will blow up so I can drop a 5.0L in there, but that 4.3L is a wicked ass engine so far.

Hell I'll run a civic 1/8th mile and I only have one cylinder

Attachments

• DCP_0086.jpg
    DCP_0086.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 1,066
  • DCP_0099.jpg
    DCP_0099.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 1,056

rookieshooter said:
This is a project that I'm helping my son on. It was my 94 Integra. Look what he's doing to my little motor :eek:

picture here B18C1 Integra GSR Engine VTEC
Setup: Updated 6/5/05
-JDM ITR Pistons O/S
-12.2:1 Static CR on 93 pump gas
-Honda O/S Rings
-Skunk2 Stage 2 Cams 12.1mm IN lift 11.8mm lift @ 1mm
-Supertech Race Valves Nitride Coated
-Skunk2 Dual Valvesprings 45lbs seat pressure
-Blox Intake Manifold
-Hondata Intake Manifold Gasket
-AEBS Head Studs
-ARP Rod Bolts & Resized Big End Rod
-3 Angle Valve Job
-Spoon HG .45mm
-Milled .005"
-OEM Main & Rod Bearings & Thrust Washers
-OEM Bottom End Gasket Kit
-70IM-60mm Plate Side Taper Bore TB
-Portflow Bronze Valve Guides

Fuel And Tuning:
-Walbro 190lph Fuel Pump
- R/C Enginneering 310cc Injectors
-Chipped & Socketed ECU
-Uberdata (full standalone engine management)
-PLX M-300 Wideband accurate a/f ratios to the .1 afr

Hoping for 225whp 135wtq and low 13's on 22" Drag slicks mounted on 14"s. 2460lb car.

I've been around this stuff a while and 225whp and 135wtq will not give a 2460# car low 13's, maybe mid to high but not low 13's. A fox mustang is the lightest of mustangs and at around 2900-3200 #'s (LX variety) the cars with a healthy setup could go low 13's some faster,I am only giving an average but you are looking at an engine with roughly equal hp and a hell of alot more torque to get it moving. At more than twice the rw torque output the 500-600# difference is offset. Now add a exhaust (headers,high flow cat h or x pipe, catback,t/b,maf and a tune...Hello 12.9-13.5 (all on slicks) There is a civic at the track I run with a completely gutted interior,swapped integra v-tec motor and I've seen him run several times with this set-up.He claimed 260whp and 8.8-8.90's all night long. I run him in my Explorer and we were pretty even till midtrack then I would pull on him. Impressive to say the least but,If you do the math it will only yield 13.7-14.0 range in the quarter. I will give credit where it is due though mid 13's in a civic is impressive, but when building a small motor you get cubic dollar per cubic inch instead of cubic inch per cubic dollar. The sad truth to that fact. Civics can be fast, no one on this forum is denying that and several pages later it has escalated to this. The original question was will a civic outrun a explorer? 2wd sport ex with a good driver for good driver. No I have proved it time and time again.A stock civic v-tec will run high 10's in the 1/8th and a non v-tec civic will run low to mid 11's.I am around the track a lot an see this on a normal basis. A bone stock explorer (2wd sport)will go 10.50-10.70 and a four door 2wd will add roughly a 10th to those times.

timmac06 said:

Those damn four wheelers can be pretty fast.. Too bad it doesn't have a v-tec one cylinder.LOL :mattmoon:

timmac06 said:

Yeah and I got smoked by a 4whl dr 900 kawondalaris or somthing. It was mad fast in the eighth. aAnd it wone the ATV mud bog a couple weeks later.

BeauJ said:
Umm, Raptor. I love those things
You didn't even notice the lightning in the background

Attachments

• DCP_0088.jpg
    DCP_0088.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 1,069
  • DCP_0090.jpg
    DCP_0090.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 1,030

Back