• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

What's for dinner?

toypaseo

Flunked daycare
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
outside shovelling snow
Year, Model & Trim Level
................ 96 XLT ™
Fried a pound of hamburger. Was going to make tacos, but no hard shells or tortillas. Chili also sounded good, so here it is. Good, but it's missing something...

Recipe here, 5-Ingredient Chili | Gimme Some Oven , but it was lacking a lot. I added two tbsp cumin, two tbsp garlic powder, two tbsp black pepper, ½ tbsp cayenne.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

toypaseo

Flunked daycare
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
outside shovelling snow
Year, Model & Trim Level
LOL... my dinner last night. Weird store brand frozen pizza I bought on sale. This is the second variety of the brand. Thumbs down just like the first one.

upload_2019-12-24_17-25-48.png

toypaseo

Flunked daycare
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
outside shovelling snow
Year, Model & Trim Level
Beef tips over rice.

Recipe here, Beef Tips Recipe - Food.com . I didn't have enough Worcestershire sauce, and added the gravy mix with all the other stuff by mistake. Turned out pretty decent :thumbsup:

toypaseo

Flunked daycare
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
outside shovelling snow
Year, Model & Trim Level
@gmanpaint , you need one of these for your frozen pizzas. I got mine from a grocery store that was closing that I worked at. It was used to demo Tombstone pizzas. Although I never use mine, I really should. Frozen pizzas are a lot better. Corndogs and fish sticks cooked it in are awesome. I have seen them new in a few stores, but not the same manufacturer. Work as good :dunno:

gmanpaint

It's Always Something!
Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
MO MO
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 & 95 XLT's
If I had room for something like that, it would be nice to have.

I used one of those Tombstone ovens when I was younger, and bar tended on the side. We sold Tombstone pizza there. They did work great. Commercially, they had 2 sizes offered, Small & Large.

Tombstone had that marketing slogan that asked... "What do you want on your Tombstone?" We used to answer... Toilet Paper.

toypaseo

Flunked daycare
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
outside shovelling snow
Year, Model & Trim Level
Pork roast, baked potato, and store brand turkey stuffing. I doubled the cream of mushroom, because I only had a larger can of it. Kinda weird, but ok. Pry won't make it again though.

Tender Pop Pork Roast -

massacre

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
‘94 Explorer
‘19 Nautilus
Last night was king crab legs and mushroom risotto. Because New Years and my wife likes king crab legs.

Today I cooked all day
Made braised short ribs, roasted shiitake mushrooms, roasted chix thighs, roasted sunchokes, blanched snap peas and sous vide pork chops.

I try to cook a bunch of stuff on Sunday to last us through the week.

toypaseo

Flunked daycare
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
outside shovelling snow
Year, Model & Trim Level
Wyo Philly Samich - Wyo Philly Wagon Food Truck.

Marinated and grilled sirloin steak stuffed in a soft hoagie bun, covered with smoked peppers and onions, and topped with our famous queso bravo cheese sauce, served with fresh kettle chips.

They were parked in the parking lot of a liquor store/bar that I kinda work at. Store owner told me to go get something, and tell them it's for staff. So, free dinner :thumbsup: Yes, it's as good as it looks.

Four0Sport

Jack Pewe
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
West Virginia
Year, Model & Trim Level
1993 2dr
we made 6lbs of taco meat for Christmas eve dinner... we finished it off last night. macho nachos. tortilla chips and cracked hard taco shells, seasoned beef, lettuce, cheese, sour cream, taco bell baja sauce, med salsa. I ate Mexican for all three meals yesterday.

leftover pork and sourkraut in the slow cooker as we speak.

20200103_183943.jpg

toypaseo

Flunked daycare
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
outside shovelling snow
Year, Model & Trim Level
@Four0Sport, I thought about making tacos for dinner. Sounds even better now :thumbsup:

toypaseo

Flunked daycare
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
outside shovelling snow
Year, Model & Trim Level

gmanpaint

It's Always Something!
Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
MO MO
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 & 95 XLT's
Dug deep, into the deep freezer with my eyes closed. Pulled out a container filled with pot roast stew.

I "think" it's only a year old. If you don't hear from me in a few days, you know why.

Edit:

Nope! That's not gonna work. Pitched that stuff after one bite.

Deep freeze blind dive #2.... BBQ pulled pork. Lets try this again.

Last edited:

toypaseo

Flunked daycare
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
outside shovelling snow
Year, Model & Trim Level
I'm eating homemade soft tacos, thanks to @Four0Sport...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.