What's in your three in-bed storage boxes? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

What's in your three in-bed storage boxes?

96ZJBeast

Reaction score
City, State
Middletown, CT
Year, Model & Trim Level
2007 Sport Trac Ltd.
I bought my "new" 07 Sport Trac July 8. Just wondering what everyone stores in their in-bed storage boxes? Anything in particular? Pics?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Rope, folding shovel, duct tape and a bag of lye.

Rope, folding shovel, duct tape and a bag of lye.
Heh.

Front box, a ratchet winch, jumper cables, trailer hitch, Fix-A-Flat, two strap wrenches, piece of 2x4, duct tape. Side boxes, tow hook, jet ski tie-downs, bungee cords. I keep my tow strap in the rear seat storage compartment since the ones in the bed are not totally waterproof. My last tow strap got moldy and stinky.

An old, snapped rope, lots of dust and bits of palm trees and mulch.

jumper cables, tarp, tow strap, bungees, 2-ratchet straps and 2-pull straps...since you can't lock the door Im worried about putting anything of value in there

dirty water

The storage boxes are a great feature, but I don't really use them. I only have a mini air compressor in one of the small boxes just in case. I have looked in the small boxes, but I had trouble opening the larger one up front. I will have to attempt it again, maybe the previous owner left me a present.

The storage boxes are a great feature, but I don't really use them. I only have a mini air compressor in one of the small boxes just in case. I have looked in the small boxes, but I had trouble opening the larger one up front. I will have to attempt it again, maybe the previous owner left me a present.
Sometimes the rubber sticks and you have to give it a tug.

My 2007 has a release lever on the driver's side of the bed at about the mid-way point. You have to pull the release and lift on the lid at the same time. My gas strut has lost its pressure (it's on my list of things to repair).

My 2007 has a release lever on the driver's side of the bed at about the mid-way point. You have to pull the release and lift on the lid at the same time. My gas strut has lost its pressure (it's on my list of things to repair).

From Factory When you pull the lever did the door open all the way on its own? or did you have to lift up on it then the gas strut only hold the lid up?

Thanks!

From Factory When you pull the lever did the door open all the way on its own? or did you have to lift up on it then the gas strut only hold the lid up?

Thanks!

When I first got it, it opened with a pull of the lever. It didn't take long (less than a year) before a tug was required. Now the strut doesn't do anything at all.

When I first got it, it opened with a pull of the lever. It didn't take long (less than a year) before a tug was required. Now the strut doesn't do anything at all.

Ok, Thanks! Ill be purchasing a new strut so mine pops up on its own! lol...

2 Folding chairs, jumper cables, fixaflat in the front

Tie downs and straps in one side

First aid kits in the other side

Back