whats kind of cell phone mounts are you using??? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

whats kind of cell phone mounts are you using???

explorer21

Reaction score
City, State
North Dartmouth, MA
Year, Model & Trim Level
03 NBX 4x4
Just want to hear, and maybe see, what everyone is using for mounts on there phones?

I have a Motorola i700 (large bulky Nextel) and have been putting it in my cupholders or the pocket on the console. The only problem is it has started to scratch the plastic on the console. :(

I was just looking for a basic adjustable mount, and wondering what you guys use.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i have the startac by motorolla. its pretty cool and gets good reception

i have the LG tm-510. I use the belt clip as the mount in my X. just clip it on to the visor

I use the belt clip as the mount in my X. just clip it on to the visor

I tried that once, but the phone is too freaking heavy. :(

And before anyone else asks, I will not be buying a smaller phone. This one is heavy, but practically indestructible. I have had several others and they have all either busted or stopped working, and my i700 sill works.:D

I might be going to the new i58 soon, because they no longer have the i700 available. That is one of the reasons I want an adjustable mount.:p

here is the i58

http://nextelonline.nextel.com/NASA...I58SRG&redirect=false&oldPathID=0&oldStepID=0

well i don't know how big you're talking about but i have this nifty little holder mounted on my dash i bought that is basically a swivel that moves in every direction, say if you're at an angle in the vehicle it swings and doesnt fall out. a little plastic clip on the back of the phone and you just slide it in.

well i don't know how big you're talking about but i have this nifty little holder mounted on my dash i bought that is basically a swivel that moves in every direction, say if you're at an angle in the vehicle it swings and doesnt fall out. a little plastic clip on the back of the phone and you just slide it in.

I wanted something secure, but not huge. I know I have a brick of a phone, but, like I said, it works. :D

they sell these mounts on ebay:

Those are perfect. But they dont make it for my truck yet.:(

Maybe I can make one.:D

i dont know what mobile phones cost there here they are free they give me two free ones every two years so i have bunch of them i tried a holder that clips on to the air vent that was a waste of time i put mine in the door and it has speaker on it so i can talk when the cops are around

mine has a nice little place on its charger mounted where the ash tray used to be. the lid still covers it up when not in use too, maybe that would work for you, but it sounds like perhaps your phone is too large..

I use the cupholders. I have a body glove case on my Samsung A460 flip phone that protects it from scratches and getting banged around.

I searched long and hard and came up with this solution, there is no solution. I've tried all the handsfrees, mounts, clips, clamps, everything and I just lay the thing in the cupholder.

I took a belt clip for my Nokia, attached it to the passenger visor, and then I just have it up there when I'm driving. When it rings, one hand grabs the phone, easy as that. Then when I don't need it, it's up out of the way. Worked for me.

Back