• Register Today It's free!

Whats missing from my wheel?

SDVike

Reaction score
City, State
Steamboat Springs, CO
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 XLS
I received my wheels today. I was a little shocked to see them just sitting there waiting for any passerby to walk off with them.:eek: Anyhow, I opened one box to see how they look. They look great but in my opinion the middle is missing. They are the exact same wheel RoadBully put on his rig. How am I suppose to cover the hub or axle or what ever sticks out of the middle? Did I get ripped off by not getting a cover? Did I order the wrong rim? Is it common to have to pay extra for chrome lug nuts?

Here is a link to exactly what I ordered.
http://www.4wheelparts.com/Wheels/Dick-Cepek-DC-1-Black.aspx?t_c=11&t_s=210&t_pt=100044&t_pl=5429&t_pn=M%2fT968421

Help I feel ripped off.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

By the picture it looks like there should be some sort of center cap. Try calling the company, most times they'll sell it, but it'll come from another supplier... They just directed you to buy it. Worst case scenario, you contact/call the company you bought it from and have to pay extra for the covers. Never hurts to call though.

no center caps are sold separately. Don't ask me why they show the rims w/ the center cap if it won't come w. it
I deal with this everyday w. customers "why are you charging me for center caps if the rims show it has center caps"

Most centercaps are sold seperately

no center caps are sold separately. Don't ask me why they show the rims w/ the center cap if it won't come w. it
I deal with this everyday w. customers "why are you charging me for center caps if the rims show it has center caps"

Unless you have a very large, obvious sign somewhere in the shop saying "Rims do not come with Centrecaps", then It's called false advertising if you show the rim with a centrecap, and then ask the customer to pay extra for it. You wouldn't last 5 minutes operating like that here.

Center caps for those rims are NOT sold separate, they should have been right in the box.
Get ahold of the retailer for sure.
There should be a little red box, with the bolts to go around the outside of the rim, a stainless center cap, and a rim in each box. If that's not what you got, there's something wrong.
Sorry to hear you're having a rough time with them man, I hope it gets straightened out for you.

comparefront2.jpg

Ben.

I agree we have thoe Dick Cepek DC1 black/polished rims on our 07 FJ cruiser, these rims COME with the center caps and the retainer screws to hold them on
They are part of the wheel

chrome lug nuts or locking lugs are always seperate $$

Update:
I ordered five rims so I could rotate a spare into the mix. Apparently they only sent four with the cap. I opened the one without.:rolleyes: Next time I will be more thorough before I cry wolf.
I will be calling to get the cap for the fifth. I may not need it, but hey I paid for it.

I hope to have them installed by the end of the week. Pictures will follow.

haha, right on Minime ;)
glad to hear you can at least get them installed without waiting for that center cap.
Can't wait for pics.

Ben.

Word of warning, we got 5 of them on our FJ cruiser, two of them have the clear coat peeling off after less then 6 months....
hopefully DC will stand behind them

Word of warning, we got 5 of them on our FJ cruiser, two of them have the clear coat peeling off after less then 6 months....
hopefully DC will stand behind them

I wonder how Dan Whitaker's are holding up, he's had them the longest of anyone that I know of on the site

Well DC advertises "Lifetime Limited Guarantee Against Structural Defects" not sure on cosmetic stuff though.

Ben

Clear coat around the bolts is peeling like a biatch as well as on the lip.

I can tell you right now as well as 410fortune these wheels don't like salt. I'm sorry I bought them now.:mad:

I wonder if we just remove the clear coat and keep them polished?

Colorado and clear coat anything does not mix
UV rays and the CDOT liquid salt will kill anything clear coated.
Chrome holds up better....

I wanted a clear coated wheel so I didn't have to polish them. They can just look like crap.

The Mounty is now my winter vehicle. If a tree or something falls on it oh well, good riddance.

I'll haveto keep my fingers crossed that it doesn't happen to mine, have any of you contacted DC?

Were was this thread 2 weeks ago when I ordered them. O well, I'll take my chances. At least they don't put that liquid stuff on the roads in Steamboat. They actually use some type of volcanic rock the breaks down under tire pressure. I guess when I go to Denver, I'll have to clean my rims afterwords. Maybe I can trade them in for new rims in a couple of years.

Were was this thread 2 weeks ago when I ordered them. O well, I'll take my chances. At least they don't put that liquid stuff on the roads in Steamboat. They actually use some type of volcanic rock the breaks down under tire pressure. I guess when I go to Denver, I'll have to clean my rims afterwords. Maybe I can trade them in for new rims in a couple of years.

Keeping a coat of wax on them might help

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back