Whats needed for sas | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

Whats needed for sas

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

IZwack

Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Germantown, MD
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 Ford Explorer
Thread moved to Offroad Explorer Projects -- the "SAS Registry" is for finished SAS projects.

Ravins >> please browse and read through the other SAS builds as they will have the most details about SAS's.

mechanix

Got beer?!?!?!
Reaction score
City, State
Springport, Michigan
Year, Model & Trim Level
91 xlt & 93 xlt
I would suggest getting a donor vehicle for one. This way you can see how it all goes together and you get all the parts. Just look for one that is not all hacked up. I bought a 79 f-150 for my swap for $100, it was complete and stock. Also time and money will be a key factor if you are patient enough you can find some good deals along the way. I keep an eye out on a few diffrent forums for some good parts that are half the cost. Ebay is another good spot to find parts. But like Iz suggested read over the other thread of the SAS's that have been done. There are some good ones.

Eric

gluvsave35

Reaction score
City, State
Long Island NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 xlt v8
research and lots of it!!!

redranger4.0

Reaction score
City, State
Salem CT
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Ranger XLT
im 2 years into my build and 3 years into researching and im still learning new stuff, so make sure you do alot of reading.