• Register Today It's free!

Whats the best slave cylinder?

Ruben9237

Reaction score
City, State
NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 Ford Explorer xlt
Hey guys recently went to drive my truck after just parking and my clutch went strait to the floor changed the master cylinder today and it’s doing the same thing.would anyone happen to know of a high quality slave cylinder I could buy.I’m not a big fan of luk slave cylinders considering the one that’s on the truck now was replaced 2 months ago and is spraying fluid everywhere now thanks in advance

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

not sure about slave cylindrs, but ive been happy with Centric parts preiously... perhaps someone with experiecne w/these though wil chime in :D

not sure about slave cylindrs, but ive been happy with Centric parts preiously... perhaps someone with experiecne w/these though wil chime in :D
Thank you.

Use luk only only only

Luk is the oem part
I will not install a slave cylinder from any other brand
To remove the transmission is a lot of labor so you must use a good slave cykinder

Other brands can last weeks or months not 150k miles like factory

You should replace the master and slave at same time and you should know how to bleed the system outside of the truck before Install
Good time to consider a new clutch or at least new driven disk if the rest of the clutch is luk abs fairly new

Luk

Replace the Master Cylinder at the same time.

Watch out - don't lose the very small o-ring when interconnecting the clutch master to the slave.

Use luk only only only

Luk is the oem part
To remove the transmission is a lot of labor so you must use a good slave cykinder

You should replace the master and slave at same time and you should know how to bleed the system outside of the truck before Install
Good time to consider a new clutch or at least new driven disk if the rest of the clutch is luk abs fairly new
Use luk only only only

Luk is the oem part

I just replaced everything about 6 months ago with luk when my trans blew a couple weeks ago the clutch and everything looked fine and the slave cylinder yesterday just quite working and it’s luk brand maybe just a defective product? Where do you guys order from,rock auto,Amazon any good with there luk products?

Start simple.

Have you checked that the air bleed nipple on outside of the the slave cyl is tight?

It's a quick check, Easily accessible by sliding under your Ex, no lifting required.

Bleed Nipple is on the drivers side of the bellhousing.

I've never had an issue with LUK components, and I had the entire clutch assembly replaced twice in 16 yrs of ownership.

In fact, BOTH flat-rate transmission shops that I brought my self purchased clutch components to informed me, before working on my truck with my self bought parts, that they wouldn't touch anything but LUK in order to warranty their labor.

I bought everything LUK Brand (Flywheel, Pilot Bearing, Clutch, Pressure Plate, Master and Slave Cyl & Throw-out Bearing) both times from Rock Auto.

BTW - Hopefully you bought NEW FLYWHEEL (as opposed to resurfacing) along with a NEW Pilot Bearing.

FWIW - This particular clutch system is a "throw away" when they wear out - Your Mileage (and others) might vary.

Start simple.

Have you checked that the air bleed nipple on outside of the the slave cyl is tight?

It's a quick check, Easily accessible by sliding under your Ex, no lifting required.

Bleed Nipple is on the drivers side of the bellhousing.

I've never had an issue with LUK components, and I had the entire clutch assembly replaced twice in 16 yrs of ownership.

In fact, BOTH flat-rate transmission shops that I brought my self purchased clutch components to informed me, before working on my truck with my self bought parts, that they wouldn't touch anything but LUK in order to warranty their labor.

I bought everything LUK Brand (Flywheel, Pilot Bearing, Clutch, Pressure Plate, Master and Slave Cyl & Throw-out Bearing) both times from Rock Auto.

BTW - Hopefully you bought NEW FLYWHEEL (as opposed to resurfacing) along with a NEW Pilot Bearing.

FWIW - This particular clutch system is a "throw away" when they wear out - Your Mileage (and others) might vary.
Yes I narrowed it down the the salve cylinder because after dropping the trans and took the cylinder out it was leaking fro 2 seals my question is why has it failed after only 2 months of driving if there company is so good

Not sure why yours started leaking
Is it for sure a luk? It should say on the base

It should be covered under warranty if it is only 2 months old

That stinks!

If it’s any consolation when I was much younger I had the 5’speed out of my bronco 2 for clutch issues 4 times in one summer

Not sure why yours started leaking
Is it for sure a luk? It should say on the base

It should be covered under warranty if it is only 2 months old

That stinks!

If it’s any consolation when I was much younger I had the 5’speed out of my bronco 2 for clutch issues 4 times in one summer
Yeah its starting to get to me now this is the 4th time the trans is out in 2 months and 8th time the t case is out Im going to order a new luk one and pray it does not fail again thank you guys for the help

Yeah its starting to get to me now this is the 4th time the trans is out in 2 months and 8th time the t case is out Im going to order a new luk one and pray it does not fail again thank you guys for the help
I just looked at the old slave cylinder and no where on it does it say luk but when I ordered it it said luk how does that make scents 😀

hopefully it works out! hopefully you have better "Luk" with this one!!! ;):bounce: sorry about the bad joke... just kidding, not sorry!!!!!!

on that note, where did you buy it from? hopefully it was a real luk unit, not an un-"Luk"y fake part... okok enough of the luk jokes...

You should replace the master slave and line all at the same time, yes even if they are only a few months old, especially if you think you may have fake luk parts

Rockauto sells the parts

I just looked at the old slave cylinder and no where on it does it say luk but when I ordered it it said luk how does that make scents 😀

As far as I remember, LUK brand slave cylinders are embossed in the plastic with the trademark LUK (within an oval) - it's pretty small.

Then again, I've always ordered from Rock Auto, and there's never been a doubt to product authenticity.

With regards to your trans being out 4 times, something's amiss - but I digress.

Good Luk ;)

It is a very small stamp in the plastic
You maybe just missing it
Or
Counterfeit part / bad seller

One of the reasons I use rockauto summit jegs speedway car parts.com and many others Before I choose eBay or Amazon and then I look closely at seller ratings and reviews

It is a very small stamp in the plastic
You maybe just missing it
Or
Counterfeit part / bad seller

One of the reasons I use rockauto summit jegs speedway car parts.com and many others Before I choose eBay or Amazon and then I look closely at seller ratings and reviews
I agree Im not ordering any more parts from Amazon or eBay the other slave cylinder came from Amazon and failed in 3 months but was supposedly “luk” but now I just got the new one from rock auto and don’t see anywhere on it saying luk just part number if anyone can confirm #db07rn602a

according to summit its LSC003B... see if your PN interchanges with this one... hopefully you have better luk with the new one! (couldnt help myself ;):p)

according to summit its LSC003B... see if your PN interchanges with this one... hopefully you have better luk with the new one! (couldnt help myself ;):p)
Thank you guys and would anyone know where the little rubber ring it came with goes

O ring goes on the hydraulic line connection.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I got a Luk clutch and slave from rockauto a couple years ago and never installed it.
I just pulled it out and looked to see if it says Luk anywhere on it, nope! Just on the box.
Does your box say Luk?
327A32EB-9B3A-4B99-BED3-4B276DFB3489.jpeg

Back