whats the bigest tire you can put on without a lift?? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

whats the bigest tire you can put on without a lift??

93explorer4life

Reaction score
City, State
Bloomfield, Indiana
Year, Model & Trim Level
no curent
yea, whats the biggest size of tires that i can have on my 93 explorer, without a lift??? cause i really cant aford the frunt and rear lift at the time, unless you guys can give me some cheap ideas???

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome.

I have a 91 and I put 30" tires on with just a little rubbing only when the wheel was turned all the way going over big bumps.

The little search button will become your friend.

ive had 33/12.5 on my stock expoder they only rub at full turn and it looks frigin sweet

As big as you want...just gotta trim :D

foylemans said:
ive had 33/12.5 on my stock expoder they only rub at full turn and it looks frigin sweet
:eek: :eek: post pics of it

No kidding. I got to see this.

I have a 94 & I have 33's on it but I have 10 in. of lift & it looks alright, think I can squeeze 35's

I have seen a stock height truck running 37's, of course he hacked out the entire body...

Michael's got 37s with about 8-9" of lift.

DSCF0945.jpg

RangerX has 37s with about 5-6" of lift.

DSCF0760.jpg

I stuff 35's with 4" of suspension no body :)

b2crack.jpg

oh and fiberglass

I'm not as gifted as most, If I could show you my '94 2-door EB I would. If anyone would like to see it, E-mail me @ onehiexplorer@aol.com. I'll gladly send pix, & welcome advise as to how to make it better.I also have another problem I been asking around about, "Death Wobble", if anyone knows how to fix it, PLEASE let me know.

no there are first gen EB sports, most of the ones I have seen are green/tan, they are kinda rare but they are around...

I had 31x10.50 yoko geolanders with no lift and no rubbing. I did trim 12" from the back side of the rubber inner fender on the front and I had just replaced my springs. wether or not your 31x10.50 will rub dependes on the condition of your springs. to answer your second question (cheap ideas for lift) you can install F150 coils and drop shackles on the back and get about 2" of lift for the cost of the used springs and shackles but you will lose some flex on the front.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

stock with 33s yea i dont beleve in flex all we do is mud pits flexing is out of the question

Back