What's the difference? Custom grill installation- | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

What's the difference? Custom grill installation-

I have a 2000 Explorer Sport 2-Door SUV. I would like to put (or have put) a custom grill on it. I can't find the one I want for a 2000 Explorer, Sport 2-Door. It comes in a 1999 Explorer Sport 2-Door and a 2000 Ford Explorer (4-Door only) but not a 2000 Ford Explorer Sport, 2-Door.

I personally can't tell any difference, from observation, in the front grill assembly of any of these models. But for the custom grill manufactures to note these restrictions, I'm assuming there must be a difference, right?

What I would like to know is if there are any geometrical and configuration differences and can they be compensated for?

Here is a link to the Custom Grills I'm talking about, Upper & Lower:

http://www.ultimateautoaccessories.com/page/UAA/PROD/EA/FOR1100S

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Roni, I just put those grilles on my ex, but I got the black ones, they are really nice!
Do yourself a favor and shop around for the best price, LOL, I way overpaid for mine! :)
But they are awesome.
As far as fitment, I don't think the 2000 sports were any different?
The 2001's were, but not the 2000's. I could be wrong, someone with a sport should chime in for you shortly and give you the definite answer.
But good choice on the grilles, I love mine. :thumbsup:

or you can make one yourself for about $5.

-Rich

the grille on the 2000 is the same 2-door and 4-door.
2001 big change

jimcom said:
Roni, I just put those grilles on my ex, but I got the black ones, they are really nice!
Do yourself a favor and shop around for the best price, LOL, I way overpaid for mine! :)
But they are awesome.
As far as fitment, I don't think the 2000 sports were any different?
The 2001's were, but not the 2000's. I could be wrong, someone with a sport should chime in for you shortly and give you the definite answer.
But good choice on the grilles, I love mine. :thumbsup:
I Agree 100% jimcom, I love the look. I Have a buddy who has some on his Explorer, besides looking as good as hell, people usually are not sure what year his Explorer is, they generally mistake it for a later model, some even think it's brand new because they've never seen it before.

I really like the look, the first time I saw them on his I was sold.

Also, thanks MONMIX for verifying the same grill size on both the 2-Door and 4-Door model of the 2000.

Thanks everyone for your input, keep it coming.

churd69 said:
or you can make one yourself for about $5.

-Rich

Go for it if thats your thing. :rolleyes:

Back