Whats up folks

olskool

Reaction score
City, State
Tulsa OK
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 XLT
Ahhh well im new here yeah hence the post have an 04 ford explorer XLT

Been having hell with the stereo so thought i would sign up and ask. Actually just trying to confirm what im pretty sure i already know. This thing just has a cd player in it. Thats it no 6 disc just a single cd. I was trying to instal a pioneer AVH-p5700 and the unit turned on and worked just no sound picked up radio stations played cd's and DVD's just no sound.

Now theres the big plug that has all the wires in it then a small one with just two. My install kit didnt fit the small one and i couldnt find the exact diagram but im pretty sure there not important. The importnat ones ground power and speakers were all checked a million times. Im sure its the unit and not the car just wondering what those two wires were.

anyway other than that i have had no problem with this rig. I didnt think i was going to like it ot be honest. I worked for ford a couple years ago and these things were just boring to me. However when we had the biggest snowfall in my states history a few weeks ago. She was like a mountain goat. There was no place i couldnt go. Which kind of sucked cause the whole town was shut down so there wasnt any place to go. After a couple hours of driving down roads that hadnt been touched by grader, plow or car i just went home. Damn i was impressed. Go advanctrac. or whatever its called.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

welcome

G'day :):thumbsup:

Back