What's your status? | Page 37 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

What's your status?

Order placed at dealer on 7/11. Still waiting for a VIN or any other sign that my order is moving forward...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Looks like 8/15 is a good date for lots of us - my window sticker appeared today, too, with a build date of 8/15.

Ordered: 7/22
VIN: 8/1 from Cory
Sticker: 8/9
Build: 8/15
ETA: ??

Not a peep out of the dealer yet. But then they tried hard to put me off ordering a 2012 because it would take "four months" from order to delivery. Or perhaps is was because they were trying to sell me a 2011 off the lot ...

On the question of the $750 cash, the brochure I have states "Take new retail delivery from dealer stock between xx/xx/2011 and xx/xx/2011". Does my order count as "new retail delivery from dealer stock"? Or will they knock this back?

Cheers :)

Jimmy, which dealer did you go with? Mine gave me the $750 from the coupon I had when I placed my order back in early June and also gave me the $500 that was being offered for 2011s at the time I placed my order.

So, I don't think you should have any problem using the coupon.

goofydisneydaddy, I just noticed your location! Mine is ordered from Koons Falls Church - the one that's also a Nissan dealership.

I actually used Cowles Parkway, down in Manasas. I was going around to different dealers to get a look at various features and colors while trying to make my decision, and the sales person there seemed genuinely nice, so I gave him the order.

I've never been a fan of Koons. Crystal's commercials drive me crazy. Also we have a Toyota, and the one time we took it to Koons to get serviced it took forever and they charged us a fortune, so I avoid Koons in general.

Luckily, Cory is around to give lots of information. I'd definitely push them to take the $750 coupon if you have one. That money come direct from Ford corporate anyway, so I can't see why they'd care.

Hopefully our Explorers will be sharing a truck ride down to the DC area by next week.

I should check for my sticker, I have build date of 8/15. Yeah

6/17: Ordered
7/21: VIN (via Cory)
8/10: Window Sticker
8/16: Build Date per window sticker
ETA =N/A

:thumbsup:2012 Limited White Platinum 302A with Tow/Moonroof/DVD/20" Polished Wheels/Mud Guards:thumbsup:

UGH, still no sticker for me, my VIN is 127XX with build date supposedly 8/15. Anyone with a VIN number after mine have access to their sticker yet? Could some of you guys that posted in the last day or so tell us your VIN so we can get an idea of where they're at in the production sequence (not that it follows sequentially 100% anyway)?

Finally a window sticker appeared today!

6/8: Ordered
7/22: VIN (from Cory)
8/10: Window sticker
8/16: Build date per window sticker

Still puzzled about the build #. Our build number is 107xx but it appears others with higher build numbers have build dates before that shown on our window sticker. Oh well ;)

-- 2012 Limited, white Plat, 302A, dual moon, 2nd row dual bucket, trailer tow, 20" polished.

yea i'm not sure how that all works either....i have the same build date as you....window sticker showed up around midnight.....build number is 132xx
we're gonna have some bad-ass rides ;)

Yea, I'm at a total loss now. I've done some more searching for VINs today and found ones with window stickers even in the 17000 range. Do any of you guys higher than 12000 know if your dealer ordered your SUV as a Dealer (Stock) order or as a Retail (Customer) order? That may have something to do with it, this is getting frustrating. My dealer told me I had a hard build date of 8/15 but that can't be right now if I still don't have a window sticker...

Anyone whose vehicle was built earlier this week find out if their Ex is on its way to their dealership yet?

Got my window sticker today

7/6: Ordered
7/22: VIN # 117xx
8/10: Window sticker
8/16: Build date on the window sticker

Dealer says arrival should be around 8/30...have my fingers crossed.

You have me on the sequencing??? Here;s my data:

7/22 - Ordered
7/26 - Vin (from Cory) 17xx9 (last 5)
? - Window Sticker
8/15 - Build Date (from Dealer, this mornig via phone message)
8/26 - 8/29 ETA to Dealer (from Dealer also, how would he know?)

I ordered on the X-Plan, not Stock or Retail ( thats what the dealer explained to me on 7/22) I'm thinking it would be built with Retail?

2012 Limited/White Plat./302A/Dual Moon Roof/Trailer Package/20" Polish Wheels/Blis

You have me on the sequencing??? Here;s my data:

7/22 - Ordered
7/26 - Vin (from Cory) 17xx9 (last 5)
? - Window Sticker
8/15 - Build Date (from Dealer, this mornig via phone message)
8/26 - 8/29 ETA to Dealer (from Dealer also, how would he know?)

I ordered on the X-Plan, not Stock or Retail ( thats what the dealer explained to me on 7/22) I'm thinking it would be built with Retail?

2012 Limited/White Plat./302A/Dual Moon Roof/Trailer Package/20" Polish Wheels/Blis

X-Plan is just a price. I don't see what that has to do with stock or retail. You should have a retail order. I also suspect 8/15 signifies the build week. People with 8/15 build dates seemed to get their window sticker yesterday, and people who got their window stickers today are reporting it showing a build date of 8/16.

Not yet-I will message Cory on Friday and check the order status then.

Youe would think that, still no sticker, have direct link from Cory, just checked. Maybe tommorow. I have a friend at work who's brother works at the Chicago, Ford plant, I'll drop him a line and ask him inquiring minds want to know? Keep you posted, maybe I'll check after mid-night, like in previous thread. Not all are reported the same, look close on the threads??? It would help if folks posted their vin last 5, personnly I don't think there is one simple answer here to figuire out the sticker or build date?

Update, after midnight EST, I have my sticker from the link. Question what tells you on the sticker the build time/ date? I'm thinking the numbers in the upper left hand on top? Hers what I see 9120110817, anyone know how to tell?

Youe would think that, still no sticker, have direct link from Cory, just checked. Maybe tommorow. I have a friend at work who's brother works at the Chicago, Ford plant, I'll drop him a line and ask him inquiring minds want to know? Keep you posted, maybe I'll check after mid-night, like in previous thread. Not all are reported the same, look close on the threads??? It would help if folks posted their vin last 5, personnly I don't think there is one simple answer here to figuire out the sticker or build date?

Update, after midnight EST, I have my sticker from the link. Question what tells you on the sticker the build time/ date? I'm thinking the numbers in the upper left hand on top? Hers what I see 9120110817, anyone know how to tell?

17th of Aug 2011

That was my guess also Mike, the dealer stated 8/15, plus looking at the othe vins posted, they were much lower, again mine was 17xx9, others were 11xxx, 113xx. Sounds like a next week roll off, another week..

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

My dealer contacted me yesterday to let me know that they heard back from Ford and the delay on my vehicle is a hold on the rear inflatable seat belts. The hold will be lifted next week and I should get a VIN then. Fingers crossed!

Back