What's your status? | Page 23 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

What's your status?

I gave-up the ghost. I when out a purchased another Ex rather than wait of mine. My wife decided that the "light stone" interior was "cream" colored not gray. She didn't like it at all. It was the first time we saw the color inside an Ex, very disappointed.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Order date-4/20
Vin-5/12
Build date 5/26
Currently In transit.(Thanks for the Update Cory!)
ETA est. 6/07-Yeah Baby!!

Ordered - 4/27
Vin - 5/2
Build Date - 5/21 or 5/23
SMR - 5/24
ETA - 6/1 (was 6/3)

Limited, Tuxedo Black, Med. Light Stone, Tow, Moon Roof, 20" Pol. Alum., DVD Headrests

Just got PM'd by Cory looks like my ETA moved up which is great news because I wanted to pick it up on Friday to have over the weekend!

My build date was 0527 will something change on the sticker once it ships?

Mine has been produced since 5/19, says Awaiting Shipment but has not said released. Do not know what is going on when about 14 others built after me have arrived at my dealer and another local dealer.

Just received e-mail from dealer, and said I have a rough estimate date of 6/6. I'm not holding my breath for that date, as I've yet to see a window sticker. Ordered on 4/8; received VIN on 5/20. Besides all that, I've had no other updates. I understand that I should see my window sticker on Friday, but with the holiday and all, I'm wondering if I'll even be able to see it then.

Just received e-mail from dealer, and said I have a rough estimate date of 6/6. I'm not holding my breath for that date, as I've yet to see a window sticker. Ordered on 4/8; received VIN on 5/20. Besides all that, I've had no other updates. I understand that I should see my window sticker on Friday, but with the holiday and all, I'm wondering if I'll even be able to see it then.

I ordered mine on 4/9 the build date was 0527 my sticker showed up about one week before the build date. I hope to have it by the end of next week (just guessing...)

Just ordered

Just ordered 5-31. Looked all over to find one in the color I wanted and finally decided to order. Now the wait!!

Just ordered 5-31. Looked all over to find one in the color I wanted and finally decided to order. Now the wait!!

Ask your salesrep at the dealer if he/she will place your order as a Dealer Stock order and assign a higher priority to it. Here is a good thread on why Retail (Special) orders can get moved to the back of the line. Ask him/her what will be fastest. Also consider using a higher volume dealer, even if you have to travel.

http://www.greenhybrid.com/discuss/f61/ford-dealer-discusses-orders-allocation-19747/

Ordered 3/30/2011

Ordered 3/30/2011, dealer said it was a priority 10. Still don't have it, CS sent me an email yesterday saying they tried to call last week and they could not contact me (they have 2 phone numbers and an email). She then said "OH, I REMEMBERED that I had your email" so she used that. She made it sound like that was something special.

What a joke!:thumbdwn:

Ordered - 4/27
Vin - 5/2
Build Date - 5/21 or 5/23
SMR - 5/24
ETA - 6/1 (was 6/3)

Limited, Tuxedo Black, Med. Light Stone, Tow, Moon Roof, 20" Pol. Alum., DVD Headrests

Just heard from the dealer that it's ready to be picked up!!

It's in!

Order date-3/23
Vin-5/11
Build date 5/24
Arrived at dealer 6/2

Picking her up tomorrow (6/3)!

XLT 4WD Rapid Spec 202A, 20" polished wheels, Nav system and Dual Moonroof. Bordeux Red and Charcoal Interior.

I have hope than that maybe mine will be ready for pick up soon!

Just viewed my window sticker. Not sure what some of these numbers mean. Anybody know what and where on the window sticker is delivery? I've heard people talk about build date. Don't know where that is on this sticker either.

Just viewed my window sticker. Not sure what some of these numbers mean. Anybody know what and where on the window sticker is delivery? I've heard people talk about build date. Don't know where that is on this sticker either.
Build date is on the bottom right hand corner of your sticker. Look for the number: 12011XXYYZZZZ

Ignore the 1, then your build date is 2011XXYY, where the XX and YY are the month and day of your build. Note this is more like the build week rather than necessarily the actual day. (seems like this info out to be stickied in the "Where to Find Your Window Sticker" Thread)

No delivery info on the sticker. You will have to get status from your dealer or Ford customer service (either here or through the 800 number).

Mine just arrived

Ordered April 22
Built May 18
Arrived at Ford dealer June 2

Bonnie call Ford Customer Service at 1-800-334-4375 for assistance, provide VIN and they will give you an est date.

Order: 2011 Explorer XLT, Sterling Gray w/medium light stone interior, rapid spec 202A, moonroof, tow package, remote start, cross rails, molded splash guards, and (hopefully) power liftgate

ordered: 5/19
Vin #: 5/31
window sticker: not available yet
scheduled build date: 6/13
Delivery: not soon enough

Any of you guys have the dealer successfully add something to the order after it's been placed? I went back to the dealer after 2 weeks to see if he can add the power lift gate. They said they'll try, but we won't really know until delivery.

Found the build date, it's 6/8/2011. I know it's in production, but the build date, surely that's not when they start building my X.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thanks for the #. Called, and they didn't have any information just that it's in production.

Back