What's your status? | Page 38 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

What's your status?

My dealer contacted me yesterday to let me know that they heard back from Ford and the delay on my vehicle is a hold on the rear inflatable seat belts. The hold will be lifted next week and I should get a VIN then. Fingers crossed!

Seems strange - I ordered after you, also with inflatable belts, and have a build date of 8/15.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Maybe that my delay also the belts??? I stopped bby the dealer at lunch today ,and had no idea, what hte upper number meant on the window sticker?? I think Mike is right its the build date, don't know what the other blocks and numbers are though. Thanks Mike:D

Seems strange - I ordered after you, also with inflatable belts, and have a build date of 8/15.

It does seem strange, but there are two possibilities that I can think of:

1. My dealer is lying. I wouldn't be surprised if that is the case - I don't trust them at all. I don't think I will be taking my Explorer there for service.

2. I am pretty my that they didn't try to place my order with Ford until last Thursday (Aug 4) despite sitting down with them to place an order on 7/11. So if your dealer put your order into the system before that, maybe there wasn't a hold then.

Finally, my window sticker showed up today...Yay! :thumbsup:

So, here's the story:
2012 LTD AWD, Sterling gray ext, pecan int, 302A, 2nd row buckets, dual moonroof, tow pckg.

06/25 = ordered
07/26 = VIN (121xx)
08/11 = window sticker
08/17 = build date
???? = ETA.

No word from dealer yet, I suspect a late August delivery.

Oh, and as a side note...I noticed on my window sticker that they (ford or dealer) threw in a engine block heater free of charge. I was wondering if anyone else got this. I couldn't find any info about it on ford's website, it's not mentioned as an option. Anyhow, it was a nice surprise and I'll gladly take it!! :)

Maybe that my delay also the belts??? I stopped bby the dealer at lunch today ,and had no idea, what hte upper number meant on the window sticker?? I think Mike is right its the build date, don't know what the other blocks and numbers are though. Thanks Mike:D

If you Google "Ford VIN" there is a site that breaks the entire thing down. I had to do that with mine because my salesman left one number out and it was coming up invalid on Ford's site. Took me about 20 min to figure out what was missing.

Seems most of us have window stickers and build dates so now it's time to follow up with delivery dates information and finally delivery pictures.

I'm not going to be home until Oct so min is going to sit in a lot for a month or so but will be ready when I get there which is a far cry from the Dec delivery date military car sales told me.

Mazda3sguy - we have very similar builds. Almost the same truck except I didn't get second row buckets or awd...all other options match exactly! Where is my sticker??? I placed my order on 6/10 and my build date was supposed to be 8/15. Vin is 127XX, I'm getting very frustrated because ppl who ordered in July are already seeing their stickers...something is wrong with that!

Anyway, enough ranting, good to hear someone else with my ext and int combo has a sticker!

Finally, my window sticker showed up today...Yay! :thumbsup:

So, here's the story:
2012 LTD AWD, Sterling gray ext, pecan int, 302A, 2nd row buckets, dual moonroof, tow pckg.y,

06/25 = ordered
07/26 = VIN (121xx)
08/11 = window sticker
08/17 = build date
???? = ETA.

No word from dealer yet, I suspect a late August delivery.

Oh, and as a side note...I noticed on my window sticker that they (ford or dealer) threw in a engine block heater free of charge. I was wondering if anyone else got this. I couldn't find any info about it on ford's website, it's not mentioned as an option. Anyhow, it was a nice surprise and I'll gladly take it!! :)

Texas did you drop a PM to Cory, he can help for sure as you know.

My official Build date. 8/17/11.......thanks Mike for the till it explains the sticker.
Dmikulin, I'm with you my sales guy who just handles the A to Z, X plans sales it like don't bother me attitude. Maybe another dealer for service too.

Finally got my window sticker today...

05/28 = ordered
07/26 = VIN (121xx)
08/12 = window sticker
08/18 = build date
? = ETA.

Cory confirmed my 8/15 build date around 8/5. Sent him another message on 8/10 but haven't heard back from him yet....still no window sticker as of this morning.

Also, if other people in the 12000 range are getting stickers as early as this morning I seriously doubt there is an inflatable seatbelt hold. A few of the posters mentioned having the 302A package with includes the seatbelts. I've heard of dealers lying about much worse, but since there's a chance it could explain why I don't have my sticker yet...so I'm not going to 100% rule it out.

Texas did you drop a PM to Cory, he can help for sure as you know.

My official Build date. 8/17/11.......thanks Mike for the till it explains the sticker.
Dmikulin, I'm with you my sales guy who just handles the A to Z, X plans sales it like don't bother me attitude. Maybe another dealer for service too.

Cory confirmed my 8/15 build date around 8/5. Sent him another message on 8/10 but haven't heard back from him yet....still no window sticker as of this morning.

Also, if other people in the 12000 range are getting stickers as early as this morning I seriously doubt there is an inflatable seatbelt hold. A few of the posters mentioned having the 302A package with includes the seatbelts. I've heard of dealers lying about much worse, but since there's a chance it could explain why I don't have my sticker yet...so I'm not going to 100% rule it out.
Looks like you missed my last post by a few minutes. :) I sent you a reply with the latest info I researched on your order. Check your inbox. ;)

Cory

Haha thanks Cory! I didn't get the notification email until after I had sent the previous post. Hope you're feeling better!!!

According to Cory, looks like my build date was pushed back to 8/19, so here's hoping to my window sticker showing up by Monday. This will be the 2nd or 3rd time it's supposedly been pushed back...hopefully the last! Original notification was that the build date would be week of 8/8.

Thanks again Cory for all your help!

Looks like you missed my last post by a few minutes. :) I sent you a reply with the latest info I researched on your order. Check your inbox. ;)

Cory

I also just got a sticker today. 12 Limited 302A.

5/31 Ordered
7/22 VIN (133xx)
8/12 Sticker
8/18 Build Date

It does seem strange, but there are two possibilities that I can think of:

1. My dealer is lying. I wouldn't be surprised if that is the case - I don't trust them at all. I don't think I will be taking my Explorer there for service.

2. I am pretty my that they didn't try to place my order with Ford until last Thursday (Aug 4) despite sitting down with them to place an order on 7/11. So if your dealer put your order into the system before that, maybe there wasn't a hold then.

We also placed an order in early August for BLIS / inflatable seatbelts, and it is currently on hold because of the seatbelts. Honestly, I'd do without those if they could push it forward with BLIS, but it sounds like progress is being made anyway. I hadn't heard anything on the forum about the delay, so it's good to get confirmation.

We have an order in at a small dealer with limited allotment, and a larger dealer later offered to order one to our exact specs (and same price), and just keep it on the lot if we decide not to buy from them. At this point, I guess it comes down to trade-in and timing.

(On order: Red Candy Limited, black leather, 301A, BLIS / inflatable seatbelts, polished aluminum wheels, 2nd row buckets and console)

Thought I'd pass on this info I learned today from the Ford Marketing Team..

I requested a 2012 brochure last week, the first day Ford updated the site allowing one to request a brochure by mail. Called the Ford Marketing Team today and they told me I had a $750 Private Offer (2011 Customized Fulfillment Direct Offer) that was valid until 10/2/11. The program number is #33646. They couldn't verify if it was a direct result of me requesting the 2012 brochure, but I tend to think that it is. Keep in mind that the 2011 notation for the offer describes the year for which the promotion is running, not for MY2011 Explorers. I made sure to confirm this with the marketing person about 3 times to be sure I could use it for my 2012 Explorer...

Anyway, it seems like at least if you request a brochure online, your name gets put in the system for the direct offer even before you receive the coupon in the mail. This is something I heard back when the 2011 brochures were out so it seems consistent. Now if they'll bring the $1000 cash offer from the 2011's over to the 2012s before my order comes in (est. 8/29) I'll be in great shape!!!:D

Someone else call (who has ordered a brochure) and see if you also have the offer! Make sure to write down the Program # they give you and also the Vincent # (I think this number is unique to each customer) to give to your dealer. She said sometimes there are issues figuring out the amount of the rebate due to the way things are entered in the system, so if you have problems with the dealer, give the marketing team a call and they'll sort it out. They're only open M-F I believe though, just a heads up.

The number is 800-334-4375, thanks again to Cory for suggesting that I do this!!!:salute:

So I requested a brochure on a 2012 Ex a week and a half ago and when I called the number above to ask about it they indicated they had no record of me requesting the brochure. The funny thing is that they had my work email address, which I am certain I never gave them before.

The guy I talked to said that the 2012 brochures arent technically out yet. Is this true? He went ahead and put in his system to send me a 2011 brochure.

At this point I really doubt I am getting a rebate offer. And it sucks because others seem to be getting them and my Ex is due to arrive by the end of August I would imagine.

Dealer sent me an e-mail and said my truck is scheduled for delivery in two weeks. Being that's it's not built yet (15th) I'm not sure if that's possible but I'm in no hurry really.

Looks like my window sticker just came up this afternoon!! Vin is 17xxx and build date is set fo 8/19. Hopefully the dealership can give me a good ETA on delivery come Monday. Have a good weekend everyone, mine is looking up already.

Mike your not due back stateside until Dec? They storing your Ex until then. FYI, I really liked Germany when I was stationed in England, hope to get back one day. Glad we are moving right along with our Ex's, can't wait.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Mike your not due back stateside until Dec? They storing your Ex until then. FYI, I really liked Germany when I was stationed in England, hope to get back one day. Glad we are moving right along with our Ex's, can't wait.

I'll be back in Oct and yes they are keeping it on the back lot until I return.

Back