What's your status? | Page 39 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

What's your status?

I just found my window sticker online. Where do you find the build date on the window sticker?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Look at the top line of the first page, left hand side. I have:

CHI-001258 VA 120110815 5916.

The important bit is the "12110815". The bit in bold is your build date. Which means they're building my car tomorrow :) :) :)

thanks! So here are my 2012 Limited order details:

06/21 = ordered
07/28 = VIN
08/14 = window sticker
08/19 = build date
???? = ETA.

Finally got my window sticker on Saturday!

06/10 = ordered
07/22 = VIN 127xx
08/13 = window sticker
08/19 = build date
???? = ETA.

7/22 - Ordered
7/26 - Vin (from Cory) 17xx9
8/11 - Window Sticker
8/17 - Build Date
8/26 - 8/29 ETA to Dealer (from Dealer)

Approx. 6 weeks total, keeping fingers crossed, Chicago to California

:chug:

7/22 - Ordered
7/26 - Vin (from Cory) 17xx9...
Spengracin,
I’m glad I’m able to research that info and keep you in the loop with your latest status! I also think this is a great thread for staying sane while counting the days until your Explorer arrives. :D

Cory

My Ex, built on 8/11, is supposedly "in transit", as of today, with an ETA of this week...Hopefully that is the truth!

Anyone else with a build date of last week have any info?

My Ex, built on 8/11, is supposedly "in transit", as of today, with an ETA of this week...Hopefully that is the truth!

Anyone else with a build date of last week have any info?

My dealer e-mailed on Sat saying mine is about two weeks out but it wasn't built until the 15th. I'm not sure if that is correct information or not. I guess it's possible to get one from the factory too VA.

Cory what would be cool in today's tech. Ford production snaps a pic of your ordered car/ truck coming off the line completed.

PnJ

6/8 - Ordered

7/29 - Vin

8/10 - Window Sticker

8/17 - Build Date

Thanks Cory for your help

:thumbsup:

Kitechaser

6/4 - Ordered

7/22 - VIN

8/3 - Window Sticker

8/9 - Built

8/22 - ETA (Upstate NY)

Cory what would be cool in today's tech. Ford production snaps a pic of your ordered car/ truck coming off the line completed.

PnJ
PnJ,
That would be a great idea for a www.TheFordStory.com submission. :) A snapshot like that would be an awesome background for your computer until you could take pics of your own! :D

For everyone else patiently waiting for the latest details on your order, sight tight and check in if you’d like. :)

Cory

My EX's birthday was yesterday! It's the only thing I know of that's born before it's delivered. :D

7/22 - Ordered
7/29 - Vin (from dealer)
8/9 - 8/13 Window Sticker (expected but never appeared)
8/15 - Build date (dealer and confirmed by Cory)
For some reason the build date changed or I don't understand how this works.
8/17 - Window Sticker (actual showed up today!!!)
8/23 - Build Date (actual on Window Sticker)
8/29 - ETA to Dealer (from Dealer)

VIN Received!

7/11 - Ordered
8/17 - VIN (from Cory)
8/27 - Window Sticker available
9/2 - Build Date (from window sticker)
mid Sept - ETA to Dealer (my guesstimate)

Sounds like the end of Aug for my delivery then, born on delivery date was Aug 17

...For some reason the build date changed or I don't understand how this works.
8/17 - Window Sticker (actual showed up today!!!)
8/23 - Build Date (actual on Window Sticker)...
twentygb, I checked into why that would happen and found sometimes there are plant constraint issues that can push back a build date. :)

...Cory, thank you very much for looking up my order status and providing the VIN number for me!...
dmikulin,
You’re welcome! I’ll do anything I can to help you stay in the loop as your order moves along! :D

Sounds like the end of Aug for my delivery then, born on delivery date was Aug 17
Happy birthday to your Explorer, Spengracin. :) It’s only a matter of time before it starts making it way to the dealer.

Cory

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thanks Cory. I figured it had to be something like that.

You've definitely made this process much more bearable. I would like to commend you, your team and Ford for responding to your customers through a forum like this.

Great job!

Back