What's your status? | Page 40 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

What's your status?

My 2012 is being built today, but the dealer told me it will take 2 weeks before delivery. The dealership is only about 80 miles from the Chicago plant. Is he just playing it safe, or can it really take 2 weeks? I've read numerous people stating that delivery was only 1 week after build date. Anybody who received delivery in less than 2 weeks, where are you located?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

My 2012 is being built today, but the dealer told me it will take 2 weeks before delivery. The dealership is only about 80 miles from the Chicago plant. Is he just playing it safe, or can it really take 2 weeks?...
wilsor,
Shipping times can vary depending on a number of factors. At the moment, my system hasn’t updated your order’s delivery ETA, so be sure to check in next week and I’ll be happy to see if any new details are available. :)

Thanks Cory. I figured it had to be something like that.

You've definitely made this process much more bearable. I would like to commend you, your team and Ford for responding to your customers through a forum like this.

Great job!
That really means a lot to me, twentygb. Thanks! Keeping you happy is what makes my job great! :D

Cory

I spoke with my dealer today and they said my Explorer will be arriving tomorrow. I'll be picking it up Saturday morning.

Order: 6/7
VIN: 7/21
Window Sticker: 8/5
Build: 8/11
Delivery: 8/20

Yeah guys, mine was built on the 11th and arrived yesterday, the 16th. I will be able to pick it up Friday morning. All in all, about 8 weeks total , and basically a week after the build.

Yeah guys, mine was built on the 11th and arrived yesterday, the 16th. I will be able to pick it up Friday morning. All in all, about 8 weeks total , and basically a week after the build.

Excellent - hope you enjoy it!

Ordered 4/19
Built 8/17

Still Waiting! that's 4 months and counting

A long time to be without a vehicle

Ordered a Limited in Red Candy on 8/18. I just got the 301A package and added 2nd row bucket seats and the tow package.

After having owned two Expeditions (one is silver, one in Cashmere Mist), and a silver Taurus before that, I am excited to have such a vibrant color.

Sounds like your stepping out of the safe zone for colors, you'll like it for sure, I've seen one at the Home Depot parking lot today, it was very nice! Enjoy!

When we ordered our X limited on Jun 8th, our dealer tried hard to reassure us we would take delivery NLT mid Auguest. Well build date was 8/16 per sticker and of course dealer says they expect delivery next week while we are gone on vacation.

No worries...we can wait. Just a little disappointed in the experience. Just saying.

When we ordered our X limited on Jun 8th, our dealer tried hard to reassure us we would take delivery NLT mid Auguest. Well build date was 8/16 per sticker and of course dealer says they expect delivery next week while we are gone on vacation.

No worries...we can wait. Just a little disappointed in the experience. Just saying.
XRider,
It’s too bad your Explorer isn’t expected to come in before your vacation. I wanted to let you know that I sent you a private message with the latest update on your order. Let me if you’d like another update before next week.

Cory

XRider,
It’s too bad your Explorer isn’t expected to come in before your vacation. I wanted to let you know that I sent you a private message with the latest update on your order. Let me if you’d like another update before next week.

Cory

Hi Cory...thx for checking and you confirmed same ETA as our dealership provided. No worries. If it arrives on schedule, it will be there waiting for us when we get back.

Hi Cory...thx for checking and you confirmed same ETA as our dealership provided. No worries. If it arrives on schedule, it will be there waiting for us when we get back.
XRider,
You’re welcome. :) I’ll be keeping my eye on it for any more changes. :D

Cory

Just got a call from my dealer

Ordered 8/10/2011
Expected Delivery 9/19/2011

He said he is having trouble finding my window sticker, and may have written down the wrong VIN number for me. This kind of makes me nervous, would customer service be able to help?

Drop Cory a PM with your order details, I'm sure he'll be able to confirm your VIN.

...He said he is having trouble finding my window sticker, and may have written down the wrong VIN number for me. This kind of makes me nervous, would customer service be able to help?
Woolaroc,
I wanted to let you know that I got your info for your order and I’ll get to sending a reply soon. I’ve been a bit swamped this week, so hopefully I can catch up soon!

Drop Cory a PM with your order details, I'm sure he'll be able to confirm your VIN.
Thanks a lot for the vote of confidence, Jimmy-B. :)

Cory

Woolaroc,
I wanted to let you know that I got your info for your order and I’ll get to sending a reply soon. I’ve been a bit swamped this week, so hopefully I can catch up soon!

Thanks a lot for the vote of confidence, Jimmy-B. :)

Cory

Thanks Cory. I can understand being under water at work, no rush, appreciate the help!

Latest update:

Build date: 8/17
In transit: 8/24
Est. Arrival: 9/1

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I feel for you Cory, I can't see the life ring this week, is it Friday yet?

Back