wheel and tire size match | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

wheel and tire size match

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You can fit 31x10.50 tires on your stock 15x7" wheels but you may not get them back under your '95 unless you have some sort of lift. However most tire shops will do a test fit before you buy the tires. I ran 31x10.50 BFG All Terrains on my stock '93 for about 3 years before I got enough money for a lift and new tires/wheels. I never had any problems with the tires rubbing. But I have heard that 31's will not fit on every explorer the same. Good luck!

------------------
Happy Trails!
'93 XLT
Many Mod's
http://members.efortress.com/swankmi/

Easgle-keeper,
They should fit your wheels fine. I have not used 15 inch wheels, but my 32x11.5 Mickeys, and my 285x75-16 Dunlops fit my stock 16x7s and fit under my 95 with only a torsion twist.
The tire shop should mount one for you and they can show you on the spot whether it will fit. If you have at least 4.5" backspacing it should fit just fine.
Rick

------------------
Rick
95 Explorer Sport Expedition
Dead Link Removed

I am running 31x10.5x15 Mud Terrains with stock 15x7 alloys on my '95 Sport. Just some minor rubbing during major articultion and full compresion on uneven terrain. 32x11.50x15s would have fit. I used to run 265x75 R15s on the same.

------------------
'95 4x4 2dr
31x10.5x15's on 15x7's
K&N

Nate
i know that different type tires will be different but can you give me a rough idea of how much the 31x10.50's balloon out on a 15x7 wheel
i really want the 31's but i dont want to lose the extra diameter from ballooning too much over a 30x9.50

my tire shop does'nt have BFGoodrich AT/KO's
on hand
(military service station i.e. cheapest place in town plus tax free)

------------------
95 XL 4dr 4x4
1-1/2" shackle and twist
lift and level
daily driver

stock sucks cause stuck sucks

I thought the 31's looked good on a 7" wheel. I have even seen some 33x12.50's on stock 7" wheels. although I would NOT reccomend that. The 10.50 tire looks really good on the stock wheels. They look more aggressive and the taller sidewall keeps them from looking like big black baloons. Good luck!

------------------
Happy Trails!
'93 XLT
Many Mod's
To see some pics and to get a full list
of mods I have made to my explorer check out:
http://members.efortress.com/swankmi/

Back