Wheel Bearing+Large Tires questions | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Wheel Bearing+Large Tires questions

mutti_wilson

Reaction score
City, State
Battle Ground, WA
Year, Model & Trim Level
94' 4dr XLT
I've got 33's on my ex and i'm doing a wheel bearing/rotor job. I've read that 16 in lbs. is not enough torque for the inner nut (i have the warn kit). I remember seeing something on here a long time ago about a guy who left his at 35 lbs, and they worked fine. What do you suggest?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The inner goes on sorta hand tight ish, a little past.

The outer one... just tighten that f'er on good.

I was looking for a little more technical of an answer. I'm not asking how to do wheel bearings, i've done them alot......on stock setups. I'm just wondering if there's a rule of thumb for big tires and the extra load they create. Thanks.

mutti_wilson said:
I'm just wondering if there's a rule of thumb for big tires and the extra load they create. Thanks.

ya get the life time warrenty, and check the bearings when do your brakes, IE repack them. Or exchange them.

mutti_wilson said:
I was looking for a little more technical of an answer. I'm not asking how to do wheel bearings, i've done them alot......on stock setups. I'm just wondering if there's a rule of thumb for big tires and the extra load they create. Thanks.
Send a PM to 410Fortune. He knows his front bearings! :thumbsup:

Back