• Register Today It's free!

wheel bearing question

jester90

Reaction score
City, State
minnesota
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 explorer limited
hello all, are there any 94's 4x4's out there that have 2 wheel bearings on the front spindle?? i think mine only has 1 outer and then the spindle/hub bearing...or am i wrong??

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You should have two identical bearings for each wheel, one on the outside side of the rotor, and one on the inside side of the rotor.

As mentioned you should have one outer and one inner bearing (wheel bearings... Timken Set-37 for both). You also have a spindle bearing, but that goes "in" the spindle while the wheel bearings go around the spindle.

~Mark

is there a diagram on the forum that shows a cross section of the spindle and hub assembly.. i.e. both bearings and the spindle bearing and where they go. i dont want to sound like a dummy but i like to understand everything before i tear it apart. lol thanks for your replys, jay

hello all, are there any 94's 4x4's out there that have 2 wheel bearings on the front spindle?? i think mine only has 1 outer and then the spindle/hub bearing...or am i wrong??
You may be a bit confused because the Front bearing just falls out , the rear one is held by the Rear Seal.

I can't believe I don't have a Pic of the Hub.

Back