Wheel Bearing Warning Lites Help Please | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Wheel Bearing Warning Lites Help Please

BLUELEO

Reaction score
City, State
Charlevoix, Michigan
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 XLT
Hello to all in Ford Country. Can someone help me please? I am hearing noises in my front end drivers side. After lifting vehicle in the air and inspected all parts, cv joints. lube levels, I have determined by right front bearing is bad.
I hear grinding noise when I spin the right wheel, and wheel is loose and has some play in it. Although Im hearing the noise on the drivers side, but, drivers side checks out fine, no noise, not loose. My question is. If indeed my right front wheel bearing is going/gone. Would this cause my ABS/4X4 High lites to come on? Can the right wheel sensor sensing there is a problem in the right wheel make my truck go in and out of 4X4 High even though I have in auto 4X4? To me it doesnt make sense this is happening just because the bearing is going. Any responses would be appreciated. And thank you in advance for your responses.

The abs sensor tone ring is part of the wheel bearing hub assembly.

The pulses are also used to sense a speed differential between front and rear wheels. I am sure it all makes sense now.

Back