wheel bearings..Moog vs Ford OEM | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

wheel bearings..Moog vs Ford OEM

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

10 yr Ford Mechanic, who has had the SAME WHEEL BEARINGS for 8 YEARS and doesnt have a problem with 35" tires on a 15x12 wheel... on a dana35

well that wasnt the case in 2002

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42731

wait a minute... read these two quotes, from THIS thread

slow_demon said:
I repack wheel bearings at 10,000 mile intervals or even less.. And change them whenever I feel like it. Every 2 years or so.

and...

slow_demon said:
I have been running the same set up for almost 8 years..Over 22OK miles.

hahaha... oops? should i delete that?

A big sorry to your 410fortune and creager.... I made this post just to point out what I experienced when I changed the ball joints. I didn't think I was asking a question about the balljoints. I just was showing my experiences.. I got to admit thought Mr. 410fortune, that mod's you did to your bronco deuce are impressive..Got a high horsepower v-8 engine, a bigger transmisssion (4r70W???), bigger frt end, bigger rear end, bigger driveshaft, bigger radiator, air lockers, and who knows what else..I tip off my hat to you. Very impressive..all that time, money, modifiying, time on the computer,,over 8000 post..wuupeee...SOrry dude by someone should wake you up cause it's still a god for saken Bronco deuce. Yup,,I think I am going to modify my Ford focus and install a v-10, cut and turn the transxaxle mounts.. Yeah tell me what else you did to your little bronce deuco..no no no...tell it to someone who cares..Cause it ain't me...Hell why not put turbine engine in it...Oh wait what a bout a rocket engine and shoot it off to space..

Wow.

It's not much of a BII anymore than looks now. I think it's one of the coolest rigs on the site......right behind yours of course. It's like when people are pissing and moaning about the explorer and how a person would be stupid to modify it......you know cause it's an exploder and why on earth would a person modify that.

If he only had your work ethic...........

haha he reminds me of that movie

...prozac nation

haha

ok dude let me show you something

You were doing great at first, i added a couple gramatical and punctual corrections to your... uhhh... paragraphs(?)

A big sorry to your YOUR? YOUR?!?, try y'all 410Fortune and Creager... I made this post just why is this word here? to point out what I experienced when I changed the ball joints. <--- revise that sentance, it just sucks. I didn't think I was asking a question about the balljoints, I just was showing my experiences.. I got to admit thought Mr. 410fortune, that mod's ... ?? those mods...?? DAMN, so when did his mods start having possession over him? haha actually on second thought, i think they always have haha you did to your bronco deuce are impressive.dude if you really want me to keep reading this half babble then MAKE SENSE._Got a high horsepower v-8 engine, a bigger transmisssion (4r70W???), bigger frt Come'on you're getting lazy before you even finish your point... end, bigger rear end, bigger driveshaft, bigger radiator, air lockers, and who knows what else..._I tip off my hat to you. Very impressive..._all that time, money, modifiying DUDE...HUH? how about... all that time MODIFYING? it doesnt matter i stopped reading about 5 commas before this haha, time on the computer,,over 8000 post..You almost made a valid point at this point, i started to feel like an ass for taking smack to this little old man or something...

Then you did it again... you made everything seem stupid...
wuupeee...SOrry dude by someone should wake you up cause it's still a god for saken Bronco deuce. Yup,,I think I am going to modify my Ford focus and install a v-10, cut and turn the transxaxle mounts.. Yeah tell me what else you did to your little bronce deuco..no no no...tell it to someone who cares..Cause it ain't me...Hell why not put turbine engine in it...Oh wait what a bout a rocket engine and shoot it off to space..

OK, i really didnt read that last part, i got bored somewhere in the beginning. Hey if you ever go back to school, revise everything you said here and see if YOU can make sense of it.

Sorry to Creager and 410fortune for my posts..I apologize for my actions and stupid posts. The Bronco II you built looks and sounds like a cool machine. I just took you post and replies the wrong way..This my very last post and will be leaving this board. It's my fault for taking it this far. Peace and good luck with your rides... :exporange

good show

maybe he was drunk the whole time? you know people under the influnce don't make rational decisions all the time. Or-maybe you two are right and he is a effing d*ck who should shove that "turbine engine" in his *ss and spend the rest of his life in space w/E.T.

Hey man I am glad you came back and posted:

"tell it to someone who cares..Cause it ain't me...Hell why not put turbine engine in it...Oh wait what a bout a rocket engine and shoot it off to space.."

I do tell people who care, daily. :p
I think there was a BII with a turbine in it a few years back, hahahaha
OH no wait that was just a 460 V8 drag truck.
YOu think my BII is crazy? My BII is practicle compared to some that have been built, hahaha

Shes actually quite a famous truck and suits me just fine.
I know full well the BII is the underdog of all the Ford trucks especially since they named it a Bronco, hell my truck was an absolute POS when I got it for $500 from my older bro, so I could get to work and back.
But then that story probably doesnt interest you, or what I have learned about all Ford Ranger based trucks while building my BII.
You see I also have an Explorer project myself, have been involved in 4 door, 2 door, EB's, FSB, Mustangs, Rangers, Jeeps, you name it we have converted it.

If I was to build another truck, putting the $$ and work into it, I would build an Explorer sport with a coilover solid front axle. 4 link rear, 5.0L, AOD-E(w) and a dana 20 T case.
The gen I explorer sport has the best wheelbase for trails, but hey now that I have all this ability, I might just do that. But the BII will always be parked right in garage, hopefulyl someday I can give her to my kids.

So yeah I must be an idiot cuz I did all these mods to a BII.
A BII which will run circles around your Gen I ex, street, trail, lava rock, whatever. Dont forget its 30% truck, 70% driver :p

"cut and turn the transxaxle mounts"

can you tell me what the hell that means? I cut and turned the torsion beams, widened the track width, and retained all stock driveline and alignment angles even with 6" of lift coil. I am not sure what you are talking about.

hey at least he calls me Mister

Funny thing too, yesterday after I left work, I stopped at the local gas station.
Coming out I was approached by a real nice old man, "hey you really got er fixed up nice" he said. Now this happens quite a bit and I usually just say thanks, I dont like to brag or try to show off the truck, you wont find any flashy 5.0L badges or any of that on my truck. But this guy had an 84 BII, 2.8L, 7.5, all stock, he said the rust was finally getting so bad the truck was done. He said that truck served him better than any other vehicle he had owned and he was sad that he had to let it go. He shook my hand and said "see ya around"

and you are still wondering why I have this truck after 12 years? Well because it is more fun to drive than anythig else I have ever sat behind the wheel of, especially now. Excuse me for being proud of one of themost heavily modifed broncos on the planet I pretty much 100% built with my own two hands, yup I'm a retard.

She'd be there to pull you out of the ditch though, even after all the BII crap you talk, you see I dont care what you wheel, just wheel it!

oh hey man you dont have to leave the board, you are entitled to your opinion, you didnt step over any lines that I can see (mods?) but yeah I will defend my truck to the death hahahaha these are discussion forums, not mortal combat.

My almost 9000 post count (wow) also has a little something to do with helping you out a couple times over the past and being on this board for almost 10 years now. I have met some fantastic people and learned ALOT about all sorts of built vehicles, but I do it with an open mind. I want to know all about Toyota's, Jeep's, hell even a Camaro, and yup I still drive a BII. Might actually make me a little different from pretty much anyone else out there, but there are a few people who get it, hell there is a 01 Mitsubishi Montereo here in Denver the guy has sunk like $60K into, and that is one bad asss rig, (solid, sits on 38's) and guess what, you will never see another like it.

haha all in good fun

410Fortune said:
being on this board for almost 10 years now.
Your join date is Aug 2000. Maybe it just seems like ten, sometimes. :p

I was here before that actually just never joined. hahaha I was too busy on FordRanger.com, few years later this became home.

but yeah officially I guess, hahaha I post too much....

Back