wheel hub question | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

wheel hub question

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Either will do, I can honestly say the one that has lasted the most was a junk yard unit from a ranger.. I've had timkin and ford oem from a parts site and they didn't last too long..

Do you know what exact years from rangers fit?

Uh... 98-01 with some more years probably but those years I know for a fact work.

ok im going to look into that option. gotta decide if its worth the $200+ to do this

Crazystang, you have a 3rd gen explorer and Rangers won't work. Storlied is getting his years mixed up:D

Also-I was just looking on ebay and found several for around $85 a piece.

Something interesting you should checkout, get a quote for a 99 Ranger and see if they want to charge less.... I've seen them do it for other parts.... Ridiculous.

Oh for crying out loud.. I am so sorry... for some stupid reason I thought you had a 99' 2nd gen.. I am going insane.. I have no idea about 3rd gens... Sorry.

Would you trust these on ebay just as much as other two listed?

Oh for crying out loud.. I am so sorry... for some stupid reason I thought you had a 99' 2nd gen.. I am going insane.. I have no idea about 3rd gens... Sorry.

LOL, I was reading this thread and was like, WTF is he talking about? :D

OP-I have a front hub from Mac Auto parts and it's been great so far. Had everything included to bolt it on. Price is very fair as well, I bought mine for $110 to my door!

Edit-I would trust the Mac Auto parts because it worked for me. Ebay is a hit or miss thing, I haven't had the experience and not sure who may have tried them. So for the peace of mind, forget about ebay;)

Ok well thanks a lot im probably going with the OEM from Mac Auto

Ok well thanks a lot im probably going with the OEM from Mac Auto

The one's from Mac were not OEM. They were chinese:D But like I said, it's working great for me so far;)

Opps miss read but that's probably what i will be going with

Back