Wheel size | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

Wheel size

cmasonrun

Reaction score
Will wheels from a 2003 ranger 2X4 fit my 94 explorer 4x4?
This is an exact quote from the ad:

"FITS THE 2X4 RANGER, 5 ON 4.5 BOLT CIRCLE, INCLUDES COOPER 225/70/15 SNOWS WITH 75% RUBBER. WHEELS ARE PERFECT WITH NO DAMAGE OR RUST"

<

Join the Elite Explorers $20 Gets rid of the ads!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

fixxxer

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Aurora, Co.
Year, Model & Trim Level
93 XLT 4X4
It should fit but only if the rims have the cutout for the 4x4 hub spindle there, the bolt pattern is fine and the 225/70/15 tires are the OEM size, 235/75/15 is also OEM but an option

<

Mickelsons

Reaction score
City, State
Boring, Oregon
Year, Model & Trim Level
'91 explorer
Didn't Rangers switch to a metric bolt pattern?

<

fixxxer

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Aurora, Co.
Year, Model & Trim Level
93 XLT 4X4
I think when they went to the 16" rim they did go metric but if the bolt pattern on the rims are 5 on a 4.5" center then that should fit. It's the same as the B2 rims or most Jeep Wrangler/Cherokee rims. I have B2 rims on my 93 Ex right now.

<

<

<

cmasonrun

Reaction score
the man selling the tires measured the hole in the center and said it is a "tight 2 7/8 in." think that would fit?

<