wheel spacers | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

wheel spacers

ok im thinkin about gettin some 25mm wheel spacers. anyone have pics and/or thoughts on these. there the ones from performance products. the h&r ones. i dunno if im gonna keep stock size tires or not, will these be good?

as far as spacers go, the h&r ones are very high quality spacers, but, i would not get them. whenever someone asks about them, i always recommend that they dont get them. i had them over the summer, and there are a few potential problems; the inner lugs can come loose, you constantly have to keep checking them to make sure that they dont come loose, there is extra stress put on the wheels bearings, etc. none of these things ever happened to me, i only had my spacers on for a week before i got rid of em, but these are all things that people who had spacers told me, and by the end of the first week with them, i was very nervous everytime i got in my truck. so my recomendation is to not get them, its not worth it, if you want your wheels to stick out a little, get different wheels with a lower offset.

there are other guys on the forums, such as gerald (gjarret) who are pro-spacer, but he is using them for an off road application - not a daily driving street application, so he has no problem checking them every once in a while.

in the end its up to you, but i hate to see people make the same mistake i made, because it was a big one.

I dont suggest the use of spacers for every driver type vehicles. as was mentioned on the last post there are alot of potential problems with them ...... the biggest is a wheel coming off.....If the old style of spacers are used ( just a flat piece of metal that sits on the hub) you will run into problems......vibrations( because the wheel is no longer hub centric and extra stress on the studs. Ive seen alot of problems with spacers. .............. The Tire Guy

What exactly do wheel spacers do? Do they just set your wheels out a little further? I have 15x8 wheels but I would like them to look like 15x10s so could I do that? How much do they cost?

I will NEVER use again. I had them on the back of my dd(honda accord). I was in tenn(from Va) and doing around 80-85 and all of a sudden 3 of my studs broke, and i only have 4. So you can image how heard it was to keep it right side up. I was lucky and no one was to the right of me or they would have had a bad night too.

Back