Wheel Swap Question | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Wheel Swap Question

CliveWinston

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
I have run across a free set of basically new wheels and tires. My question is will 16 in Wheels from a 4 door Jeep Wrangler 2wd fit my 99 mountie? ie is the bolt pattern the same? they are both 5 lug

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Your Mountineer has a 5x4.5 lug pattern. My Google-fu says that the Wrangler is also a 5x4.5 lug pattern, so you should be good. :)

The offset on HEEP's is different than Explorers. There was someone here a couple of weeks ago that had bought HEEP wheels & had tires mounted. When they went to put them on his Ex the wheel rubbed the brake caliper.

seems like a spacer would fix any clearance issues, as long as the bolt pattern matches up.

Dan, that sounds more like a diameter issue. Were they trying to do something like 16's where they should have had 17's? (for example) Just curious is all

Dan, that sounds more like a diameter issue. Were they trying to do something like 16's where they should have had 17's? (for example) Just curious is all

It was a straight 15" swap I believe.

Just becareful on the year.. I believe the 06 and newer are now 5 on 5

Back