• Register Today It's free!

wheel & tire questions

StryctNy9e

Reaction score
City, State
Beaverton OR/ hayward CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1993 XLT Exploder
I have a 1993 XLT that I will soon be doing a coil seat and add a leaf lift. I would like to to know what size tires i will be able to run. I would like to go with 31x12.50x16 (285/75/16). I was wondering if i need any backspacing on the rim. I would like to get these cragars from summit. I want to keep in mind that I will probably do a 2-3 inch body lift and will be looking for all terrain tires.

http://www.summitracing.com/search/...-8-Wheels/?keyword=wheels+cragar&autoview=SKU

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm planning on running that same tire...285 75 16 on my truck. I think that it's closer to a 33 though, not 31.

my mistake

yes it is closer to a 33. I have been scatter brained because I dont want a 31 to be to small after a coil and body lift. I am leaning more towards 33s but dont know about the backspacing on the rim. The rim i want from summit only comes in 5.00 in backspaced and I have no idea if it is too much or little or anything

My 265/75/17 is 31.9 inches.

they say that 4-4.5 inches is near perfect back spacing.

nice so the 5.00 inch backspacing will probably work just perfectly. I will do some more research though. Thanks Tweakedlogic

I have 15X8 soft 8's with 4 inches of backspacing on my 96 explorer and they stick out maybe 1 inch, i dont know how much difference there is between the 2 generations but i think you would be fine with the rims you are looking at

I believe factory backspacing is 4.75"?

Back