• Register Today It's free!

Wheels bearing in the rear BUT..

milladog

Reaction score
City, State
Alpena Michigan
Year, Model & Trim Level
02 Explorer XLS 4x4
Hey guys/gals removed my rear hubs today to do the wheel bearings which where not too bad but I found the issue for all my noise and swaying around while driving. It is the rear toe link bars that connect to the hubs. They are shot and I have everything torn apart. I went to Advanced auto and they said it is a dealer only part????? WTF hey I need to get my rig up and going by tomorrow after I get the bearings back from the shop from pressing them in. Also am replacing struts which I will post the crazy pics later on those. I am using rear strut kits which you just bolt in easily. I have the body lift 3" and will be buying Brandons lift spacers I think as well for a badazz look and more clearance for the trails. Love the X but man do they eat bearings like no tomorrow. This time I purchased mine from Dearborn AXLE from here in Michigan. Great deals and cheap prices and they say the bearings are better than Timken which by the way fry way to fast from just normal driving.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Any help finding a deal on the rear toe links would be cool. The dealer wants $200 each I need both and I think they are outback smoking something with these prices. Any links or help would be appreciated.

Unfortunately I think you are stuck with the dealership. Unless you can find them in a bone yard.

Ya I hit up the junk yard today but the ones they had are smaller than mine and won't work. I was bummed as they only wanted 60 bucks for them and they where like new. Mine are toast and the stealership here in town will rob you blind. I am screwed so to speak...

If you only knew how many toe links I bent off roading! I think we need to get btf to make stronger toe links that we can rebuild.

I second that. Can't get them. I have it all back together with the new bearings and painted the chassis and arms satin black. Looks clean but still need the toe links.

possibly some one,(TURDLE!!??)might live up to their legendary status and abilities that the rest of us mere mortals only dream of having, and work up a heim ended sort of thingy that is solid and easily built from commonly available components??

Back